Best compact .45??

Conley

Dude you have a p245 and a cs45? Have you ever heard of sharing?

LOL these are my last to go guns. The cs 45 is way underated and still affordable $500 ish. The grips are not for everyone but the delrin grips can change that

BTW also have detonics combatmaster ( avatar). I'm have a compact 45 fetish :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Detonics, Star PD, and Star Firestar in .45. Both the Detonics and Firestar are compact, solid steel little bricks. And they are very reliable. But, I carry the Star PD. It's thin, light, and reliable. None of these are being made any more. But they are all still good choices for CCW.

I used to have a little AMT Backup in .45. But I could never get it to cycle reliably with anything except milspec .45 ball. even then, I never really trusted it. I liked the feel of it, and it was easy to carry shoot quickly. Others have had better luck, so maybe it was just mine that was a problem.

Beretta Px4. It is lighter than similar size competitors. Its magazine is compatible with Cx4 carbine.

It has rotating barrel. Such schematic while sensitive to the cartridge geometry is forgiving for the cartridge load.

In my test Px4 reliably digested weak reloads, that consistently caused stove pipe failures in FN-45.

My Kimber CDP II Compact is the best .45 I own. It is also the only .45 I own. I'm sure a 1911 .45 that costs 1/3 as much will get the job done too. I don't think "best" is a good way to describe a pistol. "Best for you" is probably more appropriate.

Guest twpayne75

I think your thread title and content are a bit of a contradiction. I think one of the best CC .45s is an HK45c. But obviously they are not cheap. I try to base what I protect my family and myself with on price. If it's a range gun, by all means buy a cheap 1911 and have at it. If it actually serves a purpose, don't.

If I were looking for an economy .45 for protection, Glocks and M&Ps are about as cheap as I would go.

My Kimber CDP II Compact is the best .45 I own. It is also the only .45 I own. I'm sure a 1911 .45 that costs 1/3 as much will get the job done too. I don't think "best" is a good way to describe a pistol. "Best for you" is probably more appropriate.

Yep. These best threads always have the same result. Nobody (usually) mentions Highpoint or the Ring of Fire brands. Everything else has a shot at being the best. B)

There is one truth. If the gun jams or runs out of ammo, and you have to resort to pistol whippin', a 1911 is the best B).

Guest 556or762

I have 2 45'sI dont have one on me I have the other one is a Kahr P45 with the blackened slide and night sghts, although hot as cheap as the CW45 I like the machining on the slide the hexagonal rifling and the drift adjustable front and rear night sights. The other is my Smith 1911PD 4" its light due to the Scandium frame it is narrow so it conceals well and it still shoots well at the range when you feel the need with the longer grip/barrel. I have had 1911's from every maker, xd45, 3 Kahr 45's, Para P12 45, and I think the best small carry 45 is the Kahr P45 it just plain works and it conceals great, inside the waist band you never see it. Them is my 2 cents Im out!

I'd save the couple extra hundred and go with the Kimber Ultra Carry. Very solid 1911 and a great carry. You can catch some good prices from time to time.

For a 45 to carry the Ultra CDP II is a good choice. Dependable, accurate, casy to conceal.

Guest Don't-Tread-On-Me

I've never been a fan of a glock or plastic guns in general...(I do have an XD9 that is growing on me)

But my daily carry is a Colt Mark IV Officers Compact (lightweight) 7 shot, I've carried it for 13yrs)

My backup is a Para Ordnance Warthawg .45, 11 shot subcompact...But these are both pricey guns but WELL worth the ca$h~