SKS Tech Sights

Guest Burgan

So I realize that I've hardly had my SKS, less shot it. But I'm just curious as to whether any SKS owners on here have shot an SKS with Tech Sights before. I heard they are a huge improvement in sight radius and such. But It's nice to have people in the same state or area say they like something.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tech sights are a great addition. They do hold zero after cleaning. I would also get the narrower front sight as well. That or you can turn the existing sight down some. Once you get the tech sight on, the front post looks much larger and obscures the target some.

Great. Now I have three to consider.:D

Hmm, read a review on the Tech Sights and someone else said they replaced the front sight to a smaller diameter sight and they liked it better than running the orginal front sight and the TS100.

Guest drifter

Hey, I live in White Co. and work in Cookeville. I have the tech sights on one of my SKS's if you want to check em out sometime, I will be hitting up the Sparta gun show on Sunday... PM me.

As for the sights themselves I dig em.

Edited by drifter

I have two SKS's both with Tech Sights installed, a Yugo and a Norinco paratrooper. I love them. They bring new life to these rifles. I also recommend the target post (only $5) by the same people, it is a lot thinner and allows for better sight picture.

I also have Tech Sights on my Marlin 60, love those to.:)

Edited by Clone
  • 1 month later...

I'm gonna revive this.... I've decided on the Tech Sights for my SKS. But I'm still on the fence as to which rear sight. The adjustable one sounds nice, but I lean toward the "set-it-and-forget-it" mode of operations, which makes me think the simplicity of the dual aperture version would suit me better. It's also not likely I'll be shooting it much past 200 yds. Seems like the likelihood of running out of front sight adjustment to get a 100 yd zero is rather low.

Thoughts?

That's the only thing that stumps me about Tech Sights is the two rear sight versions they have.

I like how similar the TS100 sight is to what is standard on the ARs...

...but from doing some reading I found lots of people use the TS200 sight and adjust elevation over the stock rear sight so they don't have to remove it.

Edited by Burgan