Who is your favorite knife manufacturer?

Guest NYCrulesU

Perhaps splitting hairs to some extent, but they aren't a manufacturer. Like Cold Steel, they are only designers. They manufacture nothing.

- OS

I guess, never researched in detail or asked that much about them. Bought one CRKT knife...loved it. Bought another CRKT ...loved it. Now I'm hooked. Only knife site I buy from. I also am alble to buy their stuff at a local Army Surplus shop that carries them.

I own about 7 CRKT knives.

Cold Steel may not produce it, but whoever does it for them, I like it. My 7" Lynn Thompson Tanto Recon is quite the blade....

I have quite a few Cold Steel knives and some CRKT also.. My comment re CS and CRKT wasn't meant to diss them -- both companies have made any number of fine and innovative knives. Just a clarification about "manufacturers".

I've even gotten into SRM/Enland-Bee/Navy blades -- Chinese companies who ARE the manufacturers, and the actual manufacturers of some of the PRC made line for American-based knife companies, like Buck, Spyderco, Kershaw, etc.

A good knife is a good knife.

- OS

• Like 1

I've even gotten into SRM/Enland-Bee/Navy blades -- Chinese companies who ARE the manufacturers, and the actual manufacturers of some of the PRC made line for American-based knife companies, like Buck, Spyderco, Kershaw, etc.

A good knife is a good knife.

- OS

Do any of those make fixed blades ?

Edited by hkgonra

Just wondering - can some of you qualify your preferences by listing how many different manufacturers/distributors you have first hand experience with?

For instance:

I have knives made or distributed by Kershaw, Benchmade, CRKT, and Case, and from those, I seem to be drawn more to the Kershaw knives over the others, even though I like all of them.

The blade on my Tanto says Japan, don't know if that means Jap steel, made in China, or made in Japan...course the Japs would know how to make a samuri looking blade I think! LOL, (no offense to any oriental knife makers out there) :pleased:

Cold Steel has knives made in Japan, Taiwan, PRC, South Africa, maybe elsewhere.. Some used to be made here, but not in last 4 years or so. What it says on blade is where it was really made, AFAIK.

- OS