SA Loaded or Ruger SR1911

sparksjr

I hate to tell you but I am the reason CCA didn't have an SR1911. I have been searching for almost a year for the SR and just happened to call Wednesday. Low and behold they said they had just gotten one in and I promptly put my down payment on it! However I did get to play with it and the trigger is nice but can still get better. Not a problem IMO since I will get a trigger job done anyway. Fit and finish was awsome though with no rattle. They did say that Ruger is ramping up production so they may have some more soon. If you haven't made a choice by the end of January when I pick mine up I would be happy to let you shoot it if you want so you could get a feel for it.

I agree on the trigger, on a 1911 its really a non-issue since most good 'smiths can do one with their eyes closed. Of course a crisp 4lb trigger out of the box would be nice, unless you get into higher end hand fitted 1911s you will seldom find one. I recently picked up a 9mm Taurus 1911 and it has a 3.5lb great breaking trigger. Unfortunately its all wasted on a loose barrel locking lug and bushing fit, I'd rather do a trigger job than barrel/slide fit.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have a total of six full size 1911's including a Springfield Loaded and a couple of SR1911's as well as an S&W 1911 that is my wife's carry gun.

I personally find the SR1911 the best of any of them. The ones that I have have better triggers than any of the other guns, and they shoot very well. Considering that I paid the least amount for the SR1911 than either of the "name brand" guns is just a bonus. I didn't do anything to the S&W to make it a great carry gun (again for my wife) but my Springer required a trigger job and a couple of other things. The SR1911 that I shoot regularly has probably 5000 rounds through it now, and has yet to have a malfunction. What more can you ask?

Good luck on your search for a 1911.