Need a Cannon Safe Drilled. Any suggestions?

I have an older Cannon safe (about 7-8 years old) and the digital keypad crapped out. Cannon said that my keypad was discontinued and shipped a newer replacement that does not work with my safe. Cannon said that the safe will have to be drilled but could not suggest anyone in the Knoxville area. Does anyone know a locksmith that could drill this safe in the Knoxville area?

PS: Anyone thinking about purchasing a Cannon safe should think twice about it. They say that they have a "lifetime" warranty but that only covers attempted break-ins and floods.

Thanks,

Tim.

• Like 1

I though I liked the digital key pad untill I look at it closely. I have a tumbler G&S lock and still have had some problems. Lucky to have a good

locksmith in my area.

After seening the inside of the safe look like it could be a mess if you dont know what your are doing.

good luck

It states clearly in the warranty that the labor for the lock is one year. The lock itself is lifetime. If the safe is a attempted break it is cover for life for drilling. If you think Cannon is bad look at some of the bigger name warranties. I looked for a year before I purchased.

Any good locksmith should be able to help you.

I would think it could be "hotwired" somehow, before destroying the thing physically. A working pad of the correct type would be awesome but even without it its just a circuit, and someone out there, you can bet, knows how to pop the lock by bridging a wire or 10.

Thanks guys! I'm going to send some info to Daryl to see if he has a replacement keypad. If not, I'll give FM George a call. If I didn't have a lot of firearms in there sleeping, I'd blow the ***** out of it! :stare:

i will bet we can get it open without drilling we sure going to try thats for sure

I have an older Cannon safe (about 7-8 years old) and the digital keypad crapped out. Cannon said that my keypad was discontinued and shipped a newer replacement that does not work with my safe. Cannon said that the safe will have to be drilled but could not suggest anyone in the Knoxville area. Does anyone know a locksmith that could drill this safe in the Knoxville area?

PS: Anyone thinking about purchasing a Cannon safe should think twice about it. They say that they have a "lifetime" warranty but that only covers attempted break-ins and floods.

Thanks,

Tim.

Tim,

If you have a S & G electronic lock any S & G keypad will generally work on the lock if the enternal lock body is functioning. If you will call me next week I will tell you how to determine if the lock is bad and will need drilling. Just remember not to call just any locksmith, you need someone that has safe and safe lock experience. As Daryl ( safes )can verify , electronic locks need to be drilled a certain way and not every locksmith has had the training or has the experience to drill a safe open.

I got the new keypad from Daryl yesterday. The replacement keypad has the same blue circuit board as the old lock. The new keypad is continuously beeping and flashing the red light. From the manual, it appears that the safe is in lock out mode. After looking at the old keypad, the battery wire was broken. I fixed the wire last night and now the old keypad is also continuously beeping as well. We left the old and new keypads connected for about 30 minutes each and it never quit beeping. Any other ideas?

Daryl, I'll be shipping your keypad back today. Thanks again for all of your help.

Tim.

Tim,

If you have a S & G electronic lock any S & G keypad will generally work on the lock if the enternal lock body is functioning. If you will call me next week I will tell you how to determine if the lock is bad and will need drilling. Just remember not to call just any locksmith, you need someone that has safe and safe lock experience. As Daryl ( safes )can verify , electronic locks need to be drilled a certain way and not every locksmith has had the training or has the experience to drill a safe open.

I recently bough a safe from these folks, they definately know their safes. I paid extra to have mine converted to the e-lock for ease of use. Hope I don't ever regret changing locks. Good people to do business with.

Safeclosed.jpg[/img]

I talked to Hobart at FM George today. He said that he could drill it for $200 and that the drill hole will be hidden and plugged behind the electronic keypad mount so the safe can be re-used and appear normal. Cannon sent me a new replacement electronic lock and keypad to replace the older Kaba Mas lock so I am all set there. Hopefully this will get me all fixed up.

Thanks again for all of your help and support. This is a great forum!

Tim.

• 3 years later...

My Fathers Cannon Safe is at least 15 yrs old and he had it open sat night sun morning it would not open, the dial if spun bounces backwards and won't open. He tried going one digit higher and one digit lower but the dial is loose then its tight at different sections. He wants to know if he drills it can he replace the lock on it and is there a certain spot to drill? Talked to a "expert" and they said there is a high chance it won't be replaceable/repairable after drilling. Any help would be great! Oh and its a S&G Lock.Looks similar to this. I found out a new lock would be around $200.00 Again thank you for any help.

i_prod_mechcombo_d225r167.jpg