Bersa Thunder Pro Carry .45 Question

Guest Glocks-R-Us

Guest Glocks-R-Us

I just bought this Bersa and I must say... It's def. UNDERATED! The only thing I'm dissapointed in is the lack of aftermarket parts for them due to the fact that they're not that popular... With that being said, I'm looking for some aftermarket grips to fit this thing. I've got the black matte version so something like a woodgrain stain or even a synthetic pearl would be amazing. Any advice as to where I should look? Tried ebay, gunbroker, etc, Even called Bersa and they gave me a website that only does thunder .380. :) HELP!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm places to look for grips, etc. for Bersa.... Well, lemme see.

Your one-stop shop for all things Bersa and Firestorm Condorsflight.com Sells a lot of Bersa accessories.

Also, if you want to meet fellow Bersa owners, or have warranty repairs, look at bersachat.com

I wonder if anyone picked up where I left off over there, and have a local get together...

One thing about Bersa grips, they are one piece, not two, like most other firearms. The grip "wraps around" the gun. This makes aftermarket grips hard to do. I do suggest going to Bersa Chat and asking around, as there were some guys fooling round with making speciality grips.

I have the older version of the Bersa Thunder .45, before the picatinny rail, polygonal rifling, and round in chamber indicator. Please make sure you got 2 magazines, as the pistol is supposed to have 2. Some gun dealers strip out the second magazine to sell later. Considering the prices for spare magazines...

The only issue you might run into is the finish, they are not good with the finish on their firearms. IMHO, the 9mm version is the best they make. You might want to pick up one of those. The .45 shoots well and accurate with very well controlled recoil. The 9mm is laser accurate, and the recoil is so well controlled, you would swear you were shooting a .22...

Enjoy.

Edited by HvyMtl
added info about the grips

The Bersa Thunder Ultra Compacts are a real value and a joy to shoot.

Here's my 9mm "transitional" model - all the pro features, but the slide is not stamped as such.

031zgf.jpg

030nq.jpg

When I carry it, it rides in a Crossbreed Supertuck:

dscf1578.jpg

Hope you enjoy your 45 as much as I have enjoyed my 9.