Barrett's Women Only Class on TV Tonight!

Guest Shane

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey reef, I'm traveling and working..would you be kind enough to make a copy for me? I will be happy to pay for your time and aggravation. I'd like to give it to said friend in the above post.

I don't own a tv DVD recorder.. I'll be recording it to my Comcast DVR but other than playing it out to a DVD recorder I don't know how to make you a copy, otherwise I would..

Guest Shay VanVlymen
Tactical Response vs Barrett training is my guess.

No, not at all. Just making a comment about some posters here and their perception about who takes training. Maybe I should have posted, "Why don't they sign up for the military and get real training?"

The Barrett guys are actually pretty cool. They make damn fine products and are unflinching in their support of gun rights. Rumor has it that some of them have actually come through several of our classes.

Dear, dear....

As I said over in another topic:

It doesn't upset me to see non-military folks (men or women) shoot whatever guns they like, military or "civilian" arms. I'm all for it. I just don't want them to leave the range thinking they are magically the equivalent of 3rd Special Ops.

Guest Shay VanVlymen
Dear, dear....

As I said over in another topic:

It doesn't upset me to see non-military folks (men or women) shoot whatever guns they like, military or "civilian" arms. I'm all for it. I just don't want them to leave the range thinking they are magically the equivalent of 3rd Special Ops.

Maybe some of these women left the range thinking they were "magically the equivalent of 3rd Special Ops� How do you know? You make that assumption about other classes; why not this one?

I think classes like this are terrific. Kudos to Barrett for having it. :D

I caught a bit of the show last night. Those are some awesome rifles!

Shane - You probably already know, but there is a pic of you in the current Barrett tactical weapons magazine doing some shooting at Tactical Response.

Maybe some of these women left the range thinking they were "magically the equivalent of 3rd Special Ops� How do you know? You make that assumption about other classes; why not this one?

I looked at Barrett's website. Their Basics class just shows people shooting. Their Sniper class is "exclusively for the .50 caliber sniper team" and is just that - a long range basics class. No photos of civilians running around in tacti-goofy gear. When you are as good as Barrett, you don't have to ham it up to get customers.

Shay...

If indeed any of the women who took this course DID leave with the assumption that they were equivalent to "3rd Special Ops"... Do you think that they would be correct in such confidence?

It has nothing to do with the validity of the training, don't you see? Over-confidence is just as much an issue as lack of training.

Guest Shay VanVlymen
Shay...

If indeed any of the women who took this course DID leave with the assumption that they were equivalent to "3rd Special Ops"... Do you think that they would be correct in such confidence?

It has nothing to do with the validity of the training, don't you see? Over-confidence is just as much an issue as lack of training.

I don't think any of the students left this course thinking they were SF snipers.

Exactly what schools have students leaving thinking they are "3rd Special Ops"?

I don't think any of the students left this course thinking they were SF snipers.

I don't think any of them did either... That was the under-lying point. I am aware that specific training, in general, is quite relevant to promoting mature and rational responses.

Exactly what schools have students leaving thinking they are "3rd Special Ops"?

Touché

But to address the purpose for your statement head-on, which apparently comes from an assumption that Tactical Response is being singled out and summarily dismissed as providing incompetent training.

Not so.

For me, personally, I know that I would very much enjoy and benefit from further professional instruction... who wouldn't? However, there are 2 separate issues, in my mind.

One, is the overwhelming disparity between the opinions of those who believe that any and all training is worth any cost to obtain, across the board... as opposed to those who are skeptical of any but the most proven and experienced instructors who teach only relevant skills to students with mature motivations. In reality, both sides have valid view-points. To be quite honest, I lean more towards the latter... but that does not mean that I summarily dismiss anyone who thinks otherwise, and wishes to state their case, for discussion.

This is where the second issue enters my mind... Since early on in the discussions here, the representatives of Tactical Response have instigated the troubling trend of disparaging the ideas, practices, and opinions of others whom you obviously consider to be un-skilled or un-worthy, as it were. This attitude may have been entirely un-intentional, but it did make an impression on me to not desire any relationship with Tactical Response.

So, don't take my opinion to mean that I assume your training is worthless... or even that I think either of you are bad people. We simply don't/can't see eye to eye. I can live with that, and certainly do not intend to provoke animosity by any opinions that I state. This is the internet, it's not personal.

Guest jackdog

I would love to take the barrett course myself. I think Ronnie is a stand up guy and would feel comfortable at one of his courses.

Jackdog

This is where the second issue enters my mind... Since early on in the discussions here, the representatives of Tactical Response have instigated the troubling trend of disparaging the ideas, practices, and opinions of others whom you obviously consider to be un-skilled or un-worthy, as it were. This attitude may have been entirely un-intentional, but it did make an impression on me to not desire any relationship with Tactical Response.

My thoughts as well.

Guest Shane

Shane - You probably already know, but there is a pic of you in the current Barrett tactical weapons magazine doing some shooting at Tactical Response.

Yea, but thanks! I have a ton of copies and I open them up to that page and leave them scattered around the house when I have ladies over! :D

Yea, but thanks! I have a ton of copies and I open them up to that page and leave them scattered around the house when I have ladies over! :D

:D :D

+1. I fully agree

Okay, gang, everyone has gotten on the "bashing" of Tactical Response. I suggest that we end that now before an otherwise good thread gets locked or the mods/admins get annoyed. If you have chosen to not do business with them, that is fine, but if you notice, Shay has started another thread to tell you where there might be some good training or instructors in your area. While you may not like one school, he is taking the time to give you alternate resources while at the same time possibly losing money for his company.

Let us RESPECTFULLY move on to other topics of interest.