Man shoots 3 kids when they try to steal motorcycle

Guest BobPayne44

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the story, the shooter won't be charged. He fired on the thieves (not kids) when one of them pointed a gun at him. The criminals had stolen a truck earlier in the day and were attempting to add a motorcycle to their ill gotten gains.

The 19 year old that was killed was on probation for attempted murder...

My heart goes out to the man who shot those boys. It will be something he will never forget and I'm sure riding that bike will never be the same. Those boys got what was coming to them. He probably saved someone's life by doing it, besides his own.

This is a badly written story, with details from the dead perp's past crimes blended haphazardly into the story. He's certainly not a child. I think even the headline writer got a little confused. "Kids" in the title is just wrong.

And, the newspaper has turned off comments on the story, probably out of fear of collecting a lot of "good riddance to bad rubbish" comments.

Guest bkelm18

19 years old certainly is not a kid. However, committing a serious crime and pointing a weapon at someone, that's the act of a big boy. You reap what you sow. Good riddance.

A 19 year old in the armed forces who is killed in action is not a "kid". He/she is an adult that made adult choices and chose to serve their country. Some scumbag of the same age that decides to threaten the lives of law abiding citizens for the purpose of furthering their criminal enterprise is not a "kid" either.

I was 17 years old when I raised my right hand and entered the armed forces. I wasn't even a kid then. F*** these criminals.

A 19 year old in the armed forces who is killed in action is not a "kid". He/she is an adult that made adult choices and chose to serve their country. Some scumbag of the same age that decides to threaten the lives of law abiding citizens for the purpose of furthering their criminal enterprise is not a "kid" either.

I was 17 years old when I raised my right hand and entered the armed forces. I wasn't even a kid then. F*** these criminals.

+1.

Guest Grubbah

The news article is written somewhat poorly and I see how it was confusing. The man did not shoot 3 kids, he shot and killed the one 19 year old after a gun was pointed in his direction first. It was fully justified.

The article shifts from this event, to the recent history of the thief. The Thief was the one who shot (or was at least involved in a shooting of) 3 kids in a drive by shooting. He pleaded guilty to attempted murder and was out on probation...probation, really? 3 counts of attempted murder in a drive by and he gets probation? Whats wrong with the legal system that allowed that to happen? Some thug is guilty of 3 counts of attempted murder and he gets out on probation while in NYC a non violent case of ignorance has one woman looking at 3.5 years minimum.

Hopefully they catch the other two accomplices and charge them with the death of the third. I do believe Florida has it on the books that if anyone is killed during the commission of the crime the surviving criminals are charged with murder. It would be nice that way all three of these thugs will be off the streets.

And the working in the title is wrong. The person shot was far from being a kid, which implies he was a child. He may be a kid to you but to the rest of us he was an adult.

Dolomite

Guest BobPayne44
Poor Peewee. Say hi to Tupac for us.

Lol

he must have been a good shot he hit all of them with a pistol from a second story window across a parking lot

Guest klwehunt

The news media said he was a kid thats where the kid came from a nd we all know how they feel about someone with a gun defending there life or property.When i lived in Florida many years ago i lived in an apartment not far from some projects.Two kids 14 and 15 years old stole my motorcycle late one night cops came the next morning made a report turned out they could'nt make it run so they went down to the next apartments stealing a sterio out of a car,got caught by the owner so they shot and killed him.Point is that has been 42 years ago and the same kind of kids are still doing the same crimes.3 counts of attempted murder and still running the streets is not the answer.

I will never rejoice when someone has to die; at the same time, I also know killing another is both necessary and warranted.

I am not rejoicing and Im sure taking someones life has to weigh heavy on you but in my opinion he did us all a favor. Too bad the other 2 got away. Attempted murder and then out of jail and back at it again.....these are the type that will never learn and it will take something like this to stop them if they cant be kept in prison.

Guest Eagle Heart

Too bad someone decided to pull a gun on an armed citizen and end up in his own grave. One of the comments stated correctly that the citizen that did the shooting will remember that incident for the rest of his days. I was in Memphis today and listened to several shooting stories, on the news, that seem to happen more and more often. At least no one else will have to put up with the lowlife that is now reaping his full rewards....

I am not rejoicing and Im sure taking someones life has to weigh heavy on you but in my opinion he did us all a favor. Too bad the other 2 got away. Attempted murder and then out of jail and back at it again.....these are the type that will never learn and it will take something like this to stop them if they cant be kept in prison.

When a habitual thug buys the farm, I rejoice. I may look at it differently if our legal system was worth a damn, but we'll never know.

Agree.... At least the paper did characterize the shooter as the 'victim' of the theft, and not the other way around.

One thing that is always in the back of my mind is if the person is a gang member, there has got to be retaliation planned ... their whole culture embraces that way of life.

Just something else to think about.

That won't stop me from defending my family, my property or myself. What happens afterward is irrelevant to what is going on at the time I'm being victimized.