heizer defense pocket .45

laktrash

Anybody checked out theses little pocket .45's from Heizer defense. Kinda neat concept although I'm not much of a derringer man, especially with a ported barrell. It still looks like neat little pistol. It doesn't appear to be as small as you would think from one of the videos.

WWHHOOO just saw the pricing. Nevermind :)

here's the link

Heizer Defense - Creators of DoubleTap™

Edited by laktrash
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things I like about this gun and the company:

1) USA company and Made in the USA. What's not to Like about that?

2) They are trying something different. Just because YOU dont want it does not mean that it may fit a need for a segment of the market out there. I think it would be a great 2nd gun to carry.

I am not going to poo poo it without out holding it in my hands and trying the trigger first.

2 things I like about this gun and the company:

1) USA company and Made in the USA. What's not to Like about that?

2) They are trying something different. Just because YOU dont want it does not mean that it may fit a need for a segment of the market out there. I think it would be a great 2nd gun to carry.

I am not going to poo poo it without out holding it in my hands and trying the trigger first.

Entirely too sensible to have a guitar for an avatar. Who are you, really? :popcorn:

I always like to see new things coming out in the firearms realm. It means the field isn't stagnating or entirely resting on existing guns. That said:

This thing looks to be bigger or at least 'bulkier' overall than my P3AT. Personally, I'd rather have 6+1 .380 rounds than two .45 rounds - and reloading another six (or nine with the extended mag) into the P3AT would be quicker than reloading two into the Heizer. Still, as I said, I am glad there are new products hitting the market, even if they aren't for me.

Its too big to hold so few rounds, same as others said. A neat twist on the old 2 shot derringer, but I would not want to be caught in a situation with just that. Maybe as a backup to your backup... a nice piece to put in a very small secret container in your car or office or something I guess.

When a gun like this comes out with that price tag, it helps me to better appreciate my Kahr CM9. Apparently most of you have never fired a gun that light with that heavy a round. I once had a S&W 629 with 2 1/2 inch barrel. I fired it with some heavy .44 mag loads, satisfied my curiosity and traded it off soon thereafter. The first shot may be accurately fired, the second will be questionable. I do know a little bit about firing heavy loads from a pistol. I have a 5 inch Stainless Ruger Bisley from which I have fired 325 grain LBT designed bullets with heavy loads. They will penetrate 12 inches of seasoned oak. Before someone states that Ruger never built a 5 inch Bisley, I will agree. I took a Ruger Stainless Super Blackhawk and had the barrel shortened to 5 inches and then fitted it with a Belt Mountain basepin and a Bisley hammer, trigger & gripframe that I ordered from Ruger. It also has a Keith type front sight. I do have some experience with heavy loads in handguns and don't find them much fun when the gun is too light.