Welp, Atl, GA Area sucks for outdoor shooters.

Guest ScottD

Guest ScottD

I miss the TWRA range on Hobson Pike more than ever. The closest outdoor range to me (that I have found) is an hour away and costs $20 for the day. I hate wasting 5.56 and 7.62x39 on a 25yd indoor range. /rant

EDIT: Did I mention the GA "version" of TGO, GON (GA Outdoor News), is pretty crappy too.

Edited by ScottD
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the TWRA range on Hobson Pike more than ever. The closest outdoor range to me (that I have found) is an hour away and costs $20 for the day. I hate wasting 5.56 and 7.62x39 on a 25yd indoor range. /rant

EDIT: Did I mention the GA "version" of TGO, GON (GA Outdoor News), is pretty crappy too.

Sounds like you need to start GGO.

Shoot, at least you can shoot them at an indoor range. In Memphis, you're stuck with "AR Night" at Range USA where you have to shoot their expensive frangible ammo (and that's ARs only) or you can sell your first-born child and join MSSA. We feel your pain here.

Shoot, at least you can shoot them at an indoor range. In Memphis, you're stuck with "AR Night" at Range USA where you have to shoot their expensive frangible ammo (and that's ARs only) or you can sell your first-born child and join MSSA. We feel your pain here.

^^^ This +1. It is expensive but I have been thinking that if the range I currently go to shuts down that I will have to use part of a bonus check to get a membership started at MSSA. After that it would only be $20 a month and being closer to the house would give me a chance to go out and shoot more.

I have always considered Atlanta a giant version of Memphis. My dad moved down there in the early 80's and there for a while it was a nice place to go and visit but anymore it reminds me too much of Memphis.

I have a good friend that moved from memphis to atlanta I figure the next step is Detroit.... The only time I have ever had to show my weapon is in atlanta. Caster one good thing about atlanta is the food. If you are in southern atlanta and what good breakfast try the flying biscuit the gravy and biscuit is amazing and then sunshine in my belly has a great pimento cheese bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich.

Guest ScottD
I have a good friend that moved from memphis to atlanta I figure the next step is Detroit.... The only time I have ever had to show my weapon is in atlanta. Caster one good thing about atlanta is the food. If you are in southern atlanta and what good breakfast try the flying biscuit the gravy and biscuit is amazing and then sunshine in my belly has a great pimento cheese bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich.

Well thankfully I am in the suburbs and don't have all the problems of Atlanta. As for shooting indoors, I can do it anytime @ a local range but like mentioned above I have to buy their $22 a box ammo.