Rossi opinions

Woody

What do you think about the Rossi revolvers ?

I have never been much of a fan of "off brand" (cheap) firearms, but I ran across a used snub nose 88 .38 today that was too cheap to turn down. Maybe I can find time this weekend to try it out...

Woody

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understand it, Rossi revolvers are made in conjunction with Taurus on old S&W tooling which they bought from S&W 10-15 years ago. The guns are basically of S&W design, but use different metallurgy and an arguably lesser degree of tuning and fewer options.

My few experiences with Taurus and Rossie revolvers were all positive. Though, I would honestly prefer a real S&W, Colt, Ruger, etc...

Guest PACKA45

Hey Woody,

I have been actually shot 2 of the early production guns and you could not stand over a milk jug and hit it with either... A buddy of mine came across a fairly new new one at a gimme price and it will shoot 1 1/2" at 25'. The biggest difference I noted was the cylinder to barrel gap on early was quite large and on late it is pretty tight. Shoot safe.....

Guest db99wj

I bought one when I turned 21, which was 13 years ago. It is a little 2" revolver, .38. I have shot a few boxes, less than 200 through it and no problems. I shot it most recently a couple of weeks ago and it shot accurately without problem.

I can't say with a huge amount of confidence that it is great, but everytime I've pulled the trigger, it went bang were I was pointing.

I have owned several, .38 and .357. I wouldn't put ten thousand hot loads through them but IMO they are decent revolvers, good inexpensive defense weapons. One thing about all the Rossi revolvers I have owned, and these were from Interarms, is that they have a nice trigger action for such an inexpensive handgun.

Guest db99wj

Mine was manufactured around 1994 and is in perfect condition, still have the box. Was thinking about trading it when I bought my XD, a local store offered me $50. I kept it. Not a bad back up.

Mine was manufactured around 1994 and is in perfect condition, still have the box. Was thinking about trading it when I bought my XD, a local store offered me $50. I kept it. Not a bad back up.

They're worth more than $50. I had the 971 ported .357 w/4" barrel I sold to my sister for a house gun, a snubby .357 I sold to a friend, and a 4"barrel 38 special I gave to my dad for fathers day.

All had a smooth light action that rivals a S&W.

Guest db99wj

Yea, mine is Brazilian made though Interarms and was born on 12/17/1993, instead of 1994, pulled the original box down. Looks like a model M68, 2" .38. I grouped pretty good with it and the trigger was fine. I'll keep it.

MODEL 88 STAINLESS

- .38 Spl. cal., 5 shot, stainless steel construction, 2 or 3 in. barrel, hardwood or rubber (2 in. barrel only) grips, 21 oz. Disc. 1998.

Grading 100% - $195 98% - $145 95% - $110 Last MSR was $255.

Once the bullet leaves the muzzle, it doesn't matter if it came out of a Rossi or a Colt Python.

Good article. I have always like Massads articals. I still have an RG-22, that was my first handgun and I bought it from an older friend when I was 16, different times then. I paid $20 for it. It's still probably worth $20 but it goes bang every time you pull the trigger.

Guest witchdr

I carry a Rossi 352 in .38 spl.on a daily basis and have no complaints .It has a good size rubber grip and is stainless.This gun shoots as well or better than some of the more expensive "name brand"gun I've shotIt is stamped "made by Taurus" .All accesories I have gotten made for Model 60 S&W have fit perfectly.This is just my 2 cents but no complants on Rossi