Experience at Coal Creek Armory Today

LDRider

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must disagree. Spoke to a salesman in person, he said the transfer fee is $50.00 if they stock the gun. Things must have changed since you were there.

Alan

Strange, I've transferred two firearms through them in the last year, both they stock. It was $25 each time, and their website even states $25
I think they do what they want, they charged me $50 for my ar lower transfer the year before last.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Their policy used to be $25 for a transfer, but it was $50 if it was as stocked item.

I am pretty sure that policy has changed in recent times, as I have been paying $25 for transfers. Also since we have a part time employee posting up that is what they charge, I am inclined to believe that it is $25 across the board now.

Don't think they tried to maliciously deceive you, but sounds like you didn't do your homework.

I think they have an obligation to charge him correctly. I think if he had done his homework he would have just purchased the pistol online. The fact that he was misled about the pistol and charged the wrong amount points to malice because the obvious giveaways that differentiate a Gen 3 from a Gen 4 Glock should be glaringly apparent to anyone who has even seen the two side by side. As you say, it says Gen 4 on the side. I wouldn't expect a new gun owner to know that, but someone who sells them? Yeah, he should be able to tell the difference just from the # of backstraps supplied...1 vs 3. Or the # of mags supplied. Or how the darn thing just looks.

Might have been a mistake, but it's a pretty big one.

Guest rocktheglock

++1 for Scott... I stop by on my lunch breaks just to see what they have in and speak to Scott.. He knows what he is talking about! I would to talk to him vs the kids that work behind the counter at the other gun stores (academy /gander)

When I was in Knoxville last week, I had been looking all over Mid TN for an Arsenal AK47 SGL21 and no one had it. Thought I was going to have to order online but called up Coal Creek since I was in the area and spoke with Mark. He advised they had only 1 in stock and I advised I was coming to get it. He pulled it off the shelf for me and it was ready to go when I got there. One thing....he flat refused to discount it even though I was paying with 100 dollar bills but whatever i got it for a reasonable price. As far as his other inventory though, it was a bit limited and overpriced including the Glocks and Sigs. He was asking 599 for a Sig 2022 9mm which is crazy!! Long story short, he was the only guy that had what I wanted without a transfer.

I must disagree. Spoke to a salesman in person, he said the transfer fee is $50.00 if they stock the gun. Things must have changed since you were there.

Alan

Guess I must be ringing up the wrong price when I make the transfer. Lets see, as of last Oct/Nov 2010 transfer fees $25.00. As of last week, transfer fees $25.00. Describe the sales person and I will confront him personally.:shrug:

I think they have an obligation to charge him correctly. I think if he had done his homework he would have just purchased the pistol online. The fact that he was misled about the pistol and charged the wrong amount points to malice because the obvious giveaways that differentiate a Gen 3 from a Gen 4 Glock should be glaringly apparent to anyone who has even seen the two side by side. As you say, it says Gen 4 on the side. I wouldn't expect a new gun owner to know that, but someone who sells them? Yeah, he should be able to tell the difference just from the # of backstraps supplied...1 vs 3. Or the # of mags supplied. Or how the darn thing just looks.

Might have been a mistake, but it's a pretty big one.

words in red----doubt it.......and for the rest of your comment highlighted in green, IMHO is simply:bs:

I think they do what they want, they charged me $50 for my ar lower transfer the year before last.

year before last---2009 or 2010? The policy at one time several years ago was $50 transfer for items in stock, $25.00 for those not in stock. It has not been that way since late 2010 during my pt tenure.

When I was in Knoxville last week, I had been looking all over Mid TN for an Arsenal AK47 SGL21 and no one had it. Thought I was going to have to order online but called up Coal Creek since I was in the area and spoke with Mark. He advised they had only 1 in stock and I advised I was coming to get it. He pulled it off the shelf for me and it was ready to go when I got there. One thing....he flat refused to discount it even though I was paying with 100 dollar bills but whatever i got it for a reasonable price. As far as his other inventory though, it was a bit limited and overpriced including the Glocks and Sigs. He was asking 599 for a Sig 2022 9mm which is crazy!! Long story short, he was the only guy that had what I wanted without a transfer.

Yea, I seen the 2022 there for 599, its been there a while. Most likely its been there well before Sig dropped their prices on the P250 and 2022, not sure how it works with guns if Sig kicks them the money back on inventory when they drop pricing or once a dealer buys it they own it..

I have had them take some money off for cash deals and some not, I'm sure some guns have more room than others to deal on. Their pricing is like any other gun store around here, some a little high and some well priced, you really have to shop around these days. I was at Frontier the other day and they had a 27 EXO glock for 629 and DPMS AR15 carbine for 659, was at CC a couple days later and they had a 27 EXO for 539 and the same DPMS AR for 749. Certainly pays to shop around..

Had a good experience there this morning, actually might have changed my opinion on the store . Hats off to the staff there at 10 am, very friendly and polite. I rented their full auto 9mm Ar, and used their range for the first time. What a blast that was!!