LETS GIVE IT UP FOR THE LADY VOLS !!!!!

Guest Big Sexy Glock

Guest Big Sexy Glock

8 NATIONAL TITLES, FOLKS , LET'S HEAR YOUR LADY VOL PRIDE !!!

http://www.ucdailynews.com/sports/17412009.html

LadyVolsChampionship.jpg

The Tennessee Lady Vols are once again the champions of women's college basketball.

Tennessee spotted Stanford 3-0, tied it at five and again at seven before taking the lead for good at 10-7.

This was the eighth straight women's crown for the Lady Vol basketball team. Twice now they have gained the honor back to back.

If ever there was any thoughts about Candace Parker's health, put it aside. She led the Lady Vols with 17. Not only leading the team in scoring but rebounding as well, nearly turning a double-double with 9 boards.

Tennessee also got double digit scoring from Shannon Bobbit who chipped in 13 and Nicky Anosike had 12 and grabbed 8 boards for the Lady Vols.

The Lady Vols came into the game holding opponents to less than 55 points while Stanford was averaging over 80 in the tournament.

It appears that Tennessee held true to form, causing Stanford to falter.

The Lady Vols defense not only held Stanford down but all everything Candice Wiggins.

Wiggins had scored 151 total points in the tournament including two 40 point games. Tuesday night she scored only 14. Stanford in fact was led by Jayne Appel with 16.

Stanford had won 23 in a row headed into the championship game but will end the season on a losing note to finish 35-4.

The win for Tennessee was only their 8th even though they have been there 13 times. Tennessee won championships in 1987-1989-1991- 1996-1997-1998-2007-2008.

Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer said "We did not play well. We did not handle the pressure well. The turnovers absolutely killed us."

As for Tennessee, coach Pat Summitt was proud of the pressure the defense displayed..."They came out with a great mentality to play hard, especially on the defensive end." Summitt was also pleased with the offense. "On offense, we got more people involved, but it was our defense that got it done. I'm so proud of our seniors, I'm going to miss them."

Tennessee finished 36-2 giving Summitt her 983rd win which includes those eight National Championships !!!!!!!!!

ONE WORD : AWSOME !!!!

BSG

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched all of that game. After the Ladies got out to about a 10 point lead I kept waiting for Stanford to come back. They never did. I was amazed at how the LV played defense.

But when all is said and done, nothing can compare with that game the other night against LSU. Man, that was a nailbiter.

Guest db99wj
That might could be true if not for some guy named Wooden.

She has two more National Championships to catch Wooden. I don't think anyone in Men's College BBall will catch Wooden, the talent level from top to bottom is so much greater than it use to be. You have better talent going to smaller "midmajor" schools so that the jump to the NBA is better, they can get better stats.

Guest Big Sexy Glock
That's the team that Candice Parker carries, isn't it?

I dont know about all that considering all 5 starters were just drafted.