What do you carry and why?

Guest bigbuck_tn

Guest ColdEspresso
I carry a Beretta 92FS. I also have a G19 but that has gone to my wife and she won't give it back. Now that I have my HCP, I can go shopping for a summer gun. I am leaning toward a Colt Mustang. If anyone wants to sell theirs, PM me.

I just added a Bersa CC 380/ I am still looking for a Mustang or Colt snubbie. (and my wife still has my G19).

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest theolog

Ditto on the Glock 19. Not the most pretty, comfortable or impressive, but it is in my mind and experience the best all-around weapon out there (duty or CCW, durability, weight, capacity, ammo price, etc.).

Guest HunterH

effective next week, I will be carrying a Springfield XD .40sc. What an amazing and versital gun. I will likely alternate between the XD and my G27 using each gun about 3-4 months at a time as I don't like to switch guns often so my draw stroke and feel, etc. are the same everyday.

I also hope to aquire a XD 45 compact and Glock 23 in the coming months once I sell a few of of my other toys.

Edited by HunterH

My carry changes with the seasons. Winter and fall Glock 19, spring and summer Kahr PM9, and the breath taking skin blistering 100+ degree days get the KT P3AT ( and what I carry when I can't carry). These are occasionally mixed with H&K P7M8 and an M&P 9c. And rarely a S&W 642, when I am feeling nostalgic.

Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II with Meprolight night sights and slightly tweaked with Wilson Combat parts. Back-up is a Kel-Tec P3AT .380

I like the Kimber because it's a 1911 and while I am not an elitist, the 1911 is the sexiest, best shooting gun ever made for me. The Kel-Tec, well it's teeny-tiny!

Guest Darbley77

I have 2 that get rotated.

1.) The main is Glock 36 in a CTAC. I know a lot of people say- why have a 45 that will only hold 6+1. I say---if you can place your shots than 7 is plenty.

2.) XD SC 9mm in a Galco M7X.

The why is---I'm a great shot with both and I would rather have my gun with me and never use it than not have it and need it. Sometimes the world can be a scary place.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chisum

What: Sig P239 SAS 9mm in a Galco Summer Comfort holster (have an M11 on order from Brigade Gun Leather - looking forward to trying that out)

Why: She's a beaut! It's a Sig! Light-ish...very accurate. I like the DAK trigger system for concealed carry...

Coal Creek Armory "Invictus" 1911 in a Gary Brommeland Max-Con V IWB holster.

But....... today I'm carrying an FN Hi-Power in a Galco Royal Guard because I felt like mixing it up after a couple of years.

• Administrator

Anymore...

Glock 19 in Comp-Tac MTAC IWB holster. Spare mag on weak side in Comp-Tac mag pouch. Sometimes add my S&W #442 j-frame in as a backup gun on my weak side in front pants pocket.

Seldom, but occasionally, carry just the j-frame in my pants pocket. Depends on the circumstances.

Guest sling

God forbid he ever actually has to use one of them and the PD takes it away and shoves it into an evidence locker for some undetermined amount of time.

I've been carrying my Glock 19 more and more lately. I find that it doesnt scrape my skin all to hell like the stippling on the USP does.