AK Price Question

gjohnsoniv

Well a Russian villager just bought a shipment of Ak's on accident. All 1950-1960's production. Apparently he thought he was just buying the crates for firewood but when he opened them they had Ak's in them, and he paid a total of 500 Rubles for it (15 dollars or so). (Reuters) - A Russian villager discovered a stockpile of Kalashnikov assault rifles hidden in the wooden crates he bought for $15 from a stranger to use as fuel for his winter stove.

So press it part way in, drop the bolt it, check headspacing, press more until it's right? Is it possible to press a barrel back out if you mess it up? Well I mean I assume you can because how else are you supposed to put a new one in, but is it the same process just in reverse?

Well a Russian villager just bought a shipment of Ak's on accident. All 1950-1960's production. Apparently he thought he was just buying the crates for firewood but when he opened them they had Ak's in them, and he paid a total of 500 Rubles for it (15 dollars or so). (Reuters) - A Russian villager discovered a stockpile of Kalashnikov assault rifles hidden in the wooden crates he bought for $15 from a stranger to use as fuel for his winter stove.

I wish that happened to me!

I think I have decided to just build one from a kit, with a new U.S. made barrel for the experience. It will be more expensive up front, but it could be beneficial later on. Also hopefully some of the tools will work with assembling an RPD, because that's also on my list.

Guest The Dude

caster said it best on the headspacing. its not that hard, and lots of vids to show you the proper ways to doing so. usually the headspacing is what scares most people from doing it themselves. id buy a barrel from a well known vendor. and a reciever if the kit you purchase doesnt include one. theres a lot of nice kits to choose from. and to be honest, id look into the 922 aspect of it as well. im not sure on how 922 affects parts kits. maybe the same across the board, kit or factory build.

+1 on the polite argument aspect as well. i enjoy both platforms and respect both and their limitations. i like to see folks give credit where its due.

Yeah, that's the one part that I'm a little nervous about, but I enjoy a challenge. I was planning on making it compliant anyway.

Yep always good when you can admit the pros and cons of a system. Honestly I feel that an AR is most likely more accurate than most Ak's but at the same time a very well made one I don't doubt can be very accurate. Then again at the same time I wouldn't trust my AR being dragged through mud and still working, an AK on the other hand I would.

Edited by gjohnsoniv

They are both excellent weapon systems and will protect most of all people just fine!

Here's my baby!

Arsenal SGL 21-71

7.62x39 VLTOR Milspec buffer tube, magpul Ctr stock, magpul 1/4 cheek riser, VLTOR single point sling adapter, US Palm AR pistol grip, Russian and Bulgarian Milspec mags

aefe760b-26fe-f26e.jpg

No I was going to get it from Cheaper than Dirt but checked all around Middle TN and no one had one but Coal Creek in Knoxville. I was up that way and snatched their only one. I paid about 30 dollars difference or higher lol but I knew what I was getting.