Guys, after reading the five pages of debate I have come to my conclusion. I dont care the ability to pick up ammo off of dead soldiers. The drop in velocity doesnt bother me that much. I have my SBR's because I think they are cool. Simple as that. I wanted to build a MP5 clone and they have a 9" barrel, so that's what I did. And I just like the look of a 10.3" barrel AR. Call me crazy if you like, but that is my answer.

You're crazy.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, after reading the five pages of debate I have come to my conclusion. I dont care the ability to pick up ammo off of dead soldiers. The drop in velocity doesnt bother me that much. I have my SBR's because I think they are cool. Simple as that. I wanted to build a MP5 clone and they have a 9" barrel, so that's what I did. And I just like the look of a 10.3" barrel AR. Call me crazy if you like, but that is my answer.

Oh, and chicks dig short barrels. :)

Agreed. I am SBRing a GSG. Doesn't get much crazier than that.

Oh, and chicks dig short barrels. :stunned:

Ahhh yes, the old CDI factor. You may want to rephrase that last sentence though... errr... just sayin'

Wasn't it the Japanese naval commander Yamamoto or something like that, that said "I would never attack the mainland of the USA. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." SBRs are cool, especially suppressed pistol caliber ones.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well. I've decided to just give in to the coolness factor and I am filling out my Form 1. I can't decide which is a bigger hassle, getting prints/photos/CLEO signature or doing an NFA trust. I was originally under the impression that the trust would be pretty simple. After reading some info from NFA trust lawyers, they (obviously) warn people away from DIY trusts with plenty of explanations how the trusts done through Quicken are technically incorrect for the NFA requirements and thus put you in violation of the NFA. I surely can't justify spending $500 for a trust lawyer just to avoid pics/prints/CLEO signature. Any experienced folks have any insight?

For me, with noone else that I would put on the trust, I went the individual route. Its not really a huge deal down here. Its a little time consuming but after the first time, its just waiting on the court to call my name a couple of times.

Depends where u live. My CLEO is awesome and usually has a 24 hour turn around on the paperwork. I drop it off, got to a drug store to get my pics taken, go back when they call me and into the mail it goes. Easy as pie.

YMMV

Powell is in Knox County. I've not heard either way whether the Sheriff is good about signing off or not.

Depends where u live. My CLEO is awesome and usually has a 24 hour turn around on the paperwork. I drop it off, got to a drug store to get my pics taken, go back when they call me and into the mail it goes. Easy as pie.

YMMV

My last stamp:

made an appointment with the CLEO, showed up next day, spend less then 5 minutes in his office, signed my paperwork, called over to the jail, made arragements for finger prints, total time spent at the sheriff's dept 35 minutes.