...and the ugliest rifle ever devised.....

gregintenn

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lostpass

holy crap, Red Jacket Firearms has taken over mossberg!

Even high point designers are puking looking at that abomination. I know it is trying to be tactical but that is tactican't.

Interesting challenge, can you make lever rifle look tacticool? I'm going to say probably but that this is not it.

Guest Sgt. Joe
does seem a bit odd!

Even high point designers are puking looking at that abomination. I know it is trying to be tactical but that is tactican't.

Interesting challenge, can you make lever rifle look tacticool? I'm going to say probably but that this is not it.

Yall pretty much covered my thoughts on it.

Odd is certainly the proper word and ugly describes it well too.

It looks like they let one of the new guys in Turkey who rides a camel to work design it.

EDIT: Crap Shoot, that is nasty! Still I would rather have the cat.

You almost owed me a new iMac... it was in danger of having coke spewed all over it on the Red Jacket line!

That is ugly, looks like it's been run over.

I mean as if the stock ain't bad enough, whoever put the pic rail hand guards and bird cage on that poor thing ought to be took out behind the wood shed and beat with a fan belt until they lapse into a coma.

BUT, even that ain't the worst of it all. What's worse? Oh yes, someone is going to buy one. AND someone is going to be proud of it. Bet on it.

Guest Lester Weevils

Maybe it wouldn't look out of place among the oogly space cowboy frontier firearms in the Firefly SF TV series?

Given the task to make an ugly lever gun, they missed at least one trick-- Add an AR-style pistol grip and rotate the lever handle 90 degrees to lay alongside the front of the pistol grip?

edit-- I didn't see Caster's post above about the Circuit Judge. That trick has been thunk up already!

I do not care about the look so much. I like a collapsible stock and can forgive that, as it is ugly (on every gun that has one) but handy. However, the rails are all wrong, it needs exactly 1 rail up top for a scope and nothing else, as a lever gun does not benefit from a bipod and there is nothing else to hang on such a gun that makes any sense at all. Even a forend grip is out of place, since you need a hand on the lever. Lose the forward rail for a smooth black plastic body. Lose the ugly iron sights for a scope mount or at least de-ugly them. Lose the stupid compensator, which is totally out of place. Keep the adjustable stock and black look, fine. And even if they did all that stuff, it would still be unpopular, though I could not tell you why (a plastic classic? More durable in the woods, and less expensive? Seems like a winner to me for a hunting rifle).

Other than the stock I like it.

There are plenty of advatages to this setup. Imagine loading subsonics and shooting them through a can? It would be as quiet as a bolt gun with quicker follow up shots. No need to worry about cycling it either. You can easily add a light or laser.

And the best part is lever actions are likely the last firearms to go if a full blown ban goes into effect.

There are plenty of guns out there that are ugly as sin yet perfrom flawlessly.

Dolomite

I think there is a place to tactical and non-tactical firearms, this though crosses that line in a very bad way. It would be nice to have the top rail for a scope but unless you're hunting zombie I don't think you really will need a vertical grip... The collapsible stock is kinda nice though, if only it could be done in wood, like an Ar-10 furniture.