...and the ugliest rifle ever devised.....

gregintenn

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least there is an option for a Circuit Judge that works more like a regular revolver.

I love lever guns. In fact, that is probably my favorite rifle action, although I only own two. Part of what I like about them is the feel - just a good, solid rifle feel. I don't have much experience with telescoping/adjusting buttstocks but, on the few guns so equipped which I have shot, I did not like them - I find them awkward and uncomfortable. As for a 'tactical' lever gun, I will here quote myself from a discussion about this rifle on another gun board:

I think that if a company wants to mess with the levergun design they should go more in the direction of a 'survival' gun than a 'tactical' gun. Go with stainless steel and polymer in a short carbine length. Make it side eject like a Marlin and include an integrated rail on top of the receiver to make it easy to install a reflex sight or scope. Give it good, solid and easy to use (maybe fiber-optic) iron sights. Make the buttstock hollow and include a small cleaning kit, compact first aid pack and basic 'survival' kit (like the ones some guys put together using an empty Altoids tin to contain it) that can all fit into the hollow buttstock. Give it factory installed sling mounts and an included sling with integrated spare ammo loops or even pouches.

If possible, work some kind of voodoo on the polymer furniture so the gun will float. If that won't work, include a floating, waterproof soft case like the Marlin Papoose - which might be even better, anyhow. Heck, put a couple of pockets inside the floating case with a small survival reference guide (with waterproof, plasti-coated pages, of course) in one of the pockets. Another pocket could hold an included emergency sleeping bag made of the same material as those 'space blankets'. For that matter, instead of the sleeping bag there might even be room for a small, one person emergency tent. The lightweight plastic support rods to hold the tent rigid could be in sections small enough that they could fit in a long, thin pocket inside the floating case, too.

Edited by JAB
Guest dubaholic2
At least there is an option for a Circuit Judge that works more like a regular revolver.

I love lever guns. In fact, that is probably my favorite rifle action, although I only own two. Part of what I like about them is the feel - just a good, solid rifle feel. I don't have much experience with telescoping/adjusting buttstocks but, on the few guns so equipped which I have shot, I did not like them - I find them awkward and uncomfortable. As for a 'tactical' lever gun, I will here quote myself from a discussion about this rifle on another gun board:

marlin makes that rifle, minus the hollow stock. their guide guns are awesome lever guns. short, stainless, laminate stocked, with a pic rail for a scope. i really want want in 45-70.

I use to like Mossbergs shotguns but Im seriously about to stop buying their products. I mean Barrett style muzzle breaks and crap stuck on the end of pistol grip shotties and now this, I cant even take their company serious anymore. Its to a point now that Im embarassed to own one of their guns.

And i thought my Hipoint 40cal carbine was ugly.

That rifle is to lever guns what Toby Keith and Sugarland are to country music. Technically, it may barely fit the basic description of being a lever gun, but the heart and soul of it is gone, and 50 years from now it will hopefully only be remembered as the abomination that it is.

Second, nice to see someone else from Bethpage. :D

That rifle is to lever guns what Toby Keith and Sugarland are to country music. Technically, it may barely fit the basic description of being a lever gun, but the heart and soul of it is gone, and 50 years from now it will hopefully only be remembered as the abomination that it is.

Second, nice to see someone else from Bethpage. :)

If you listen carefully you can hear me shooting on the weekends