Blackpower Sub-Forum... yea or nay?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big Sexy Glock
This is not what Al Gore envisioned when he invented the internet.

Al Gore ... now there, my friend, is your waste of space

:koolaid::D

Since the comment has been posed... what would be a better use of this space? A dedicated Shotgun forum, and make the Long Guns forum specifically for Rifles? Or, any other ideas?

I'll give this a couple days to hear feedback about whether the Blackpowder subforum should be changed to a different sub-set of guns... or expanded to perhaps encompass Curio/Antique/Relic firearms as well?

Otherwise, if no interest is shown, it will be removed and the posts moved to the most appropriate subtopic.

ML TN always the problem solver.

I am the only one basically who posts on that forum, i barely get response.

Maybe do the curio and relic thing instead.

How about a subforum for gun related videos?

I'll probably end up expanding the topic to include C&R and Blackpowder firearms.

Gun related videos need to go in the Show & Tell area... I'll make sure that's in the description.

If we end up needing to separate out the Rifle vs. Shotgun or Pistol vs. Revolver topics, we'll deal with that as needed I think. Currently it's not broken, so I don't intend to try and fix it. :up:

We'll see how this works. Thanks!

Guest canynracer

or....how about a "Tactical rifle" and a "Hunting Rifle" and a "Shotgun"? I am trying to learn, but I am SO lost on ammo and such what is best for self defense...oh hell I dont know, just thinking it would be better for someone that is new to long guns to know the differences...

Mike, darn you, you got me interested in the HB again. Don't be in a hurry to give up on it. I've got a couple of lead melters, if I get the rifle I am considering I will have to 'roll my own'.

Currently I have a brass-frame navy, a queen anne pistol, a blunderbuss boarding pistol, and a 40 cal squirrel rifle. What I am looking at, though, is a sharps.

I think that between us, we have enough hardware to sponsor a BP meet sometime, get other folks interested in it...

Mark I don't imagine I am giving up on the front stuffers any time soon. I sent 48 rounds downrange yesterday messing around with the 1873. I was trying loads with a new BP substitute I picked up. Finally settled on filling up the cylinders with powder and leave just enough room for a lead ball. Anyway that load seemed to work best, hahaha love the smoke.

I would give up a nut to have a Sharps. Some paper cartridges would be the order of the day.

Guest canynracer

HEY...WRONG FORUM YOU TOO!!!!:mad:

this is the forum about how to get rid of the forum..LMAO..kidding!!!

please dont shoot balls at me!!! LMFAO...no seriously, I saw those on guns and ammo TV they avtually look pretty cool...I just dont know crap about them...

Don't know about black powder? Really? (cue evil chuckle)

It really isn't complicated. Show up in (hopefully) July and give it a whirl! Mike has some nice hardware. The cap'n ball pistols are easier even than flintlocks, and a lot of fun. The really good news is that the sport is usually a lot less expensive than newfangled smokeless powder guns.

Mike, I'm looking real hard at an 1874 sharps - brass cartridges, black powder, 45-110. (45 caliber, 110 grains of 1F behind a 510 grain round-nose). I thought I had one, but the guy is wheeling and dealing with another buyer. If I have to order one it will take a while - 10 month wait right now from the factory.

I think we need to discuss Black Power. The white racist moderators have eliminated all men of color here and we need to affirm our commitment to equality.

Black=Beautiful!

Well, OK. But I was planning on starting a discussion on the philosophy of Eldridge Cleaver. :mad:

Guest dotsun
I think we need to discuss Black Power. The white racist moderators have eliminated all men of color here and we need to affirm our commitment to equality.

Black=Beautiful!

LMAO, that's what I thought when I saw this thread.

Speaking of this topic, not the typo'd topic. Are people of color very active in shooting sports? Not crime mind you but going to the range, punching paper etc?

I don't go to public ranges so I really have no idea. I pretty much only see white people in gun shops or at the Gander mtn and Bass Pro Shops.

Speaking of this topic, not the typo'd topic. Are people of color very active in shooting sports? Not crime mind you but going to the range, punching paper etc?

I don't go to public ranges so I really have no idea. I pretty much only see white people in gun shops or at the Gander mtn and Bass Pro Shops.

It should really be a separate thread.

The answer is no, not nearly what they should be.

I have a number of Black customers. They are generally in 3 categories. The first is older men who like to hunt and occasionally buy personal protection guns. The second is younger men who need them for work: security guard, bounty hunter etc. The third category I'd rather not think about, and am glad TBI has to make the call, not me.

I would really like to see more minorities of all kinds involved in shooting sports. It will broaden the demographic of gun owners and further insure our rights.

Well theres not allot here,and Chattanooga is only about 2% white

I have came across two at the range.One was a cop taking his wife to shoot,the other was a yo-yo a Prentice Cooper that had no idea of what he was doing

This area is not a good one to judge by. Sullivan County is on;y 2% Black.

Well, Shelby County is a great area to judge by, and I've seen all of four black shooters in the year or so I've been shooting IDPA. If anybody needs the practice and experience, it's them. They often seem to be the victims of violent crime around here. I see them a little more at the local indoor ranges punching holes, but not as much as one would think. It just doesn't add up.