I-95 Soon to be Jammed with Traffic!

Guest FroggyOne2

The worse was while we were there one day, one of the residents was having cable TV installed! I'm sorry, but if you don't have the money to pay rent or a mortgage, then you certainly don't have money to get cable tv.

Don't be silly. They need cable. You gotta have something to do when you're sitting around not working or looking for a job. /sarcasm

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The worse was while we were there one day, one of the residents was having cable TV installed! I'm sorry, but if you don't have the money to pay rent or a mortgage, then you certainly don't have money to get cable tv.

I thought part of the deal for the government allowing Comcast to become a monopoly was that they were going to give them free (or cheap) cable?

And Microsoft was going to give them computers?

Guest boatme99
turns out this is a terrible idea. it costs the state way more money in drug testing that it saves on wellfare fraud. plus the number of applicants failing are minimal.

Where was this study done? To my knowledge no state has ever actually started this kind of program. Where would the data come from?

And a little info. A relative of mine worked for the state of Tn. and just retired. One piece of info that came across the desk back in Sept. was that over 40% of Tn. residents are on some kind of public assistence. I know some of it is justified, but I also see a lot of folks in my county who are 3rd generation living on the dole. I know business people who can't get decent help because most of the unemployeds here won't show up for work, can't get to work, don't want to work because they would lose Tn. Care or the sec. 8 home, or are too drugged up to do the job. I'd love to see drug testing here.

Guest TargetShooter84
Are you talking to me? If so I believe you may have me mistaken for someone else.....unless I'm completely missing something here.

I've never bought a single gun, or gun related item, online. Nor have I so much have made an offer for items online. I don't buy online. So that in itself makes it impossible for me to have ever had any bad purchasing dealings online. Every gun, magazine and bit of ammo I have purchased have all come from two local gun

shops. I have sold 3 Glocks (two G19, one G26) online...locally..and met the buyers in person with all 3 sales going flawlessly.

So either I am mistaken and you are addressing someone else....or you are completely mistaken and have me confused with someone else.

If you are talking to me...just what exactly are you accusing me of? What is "lowballin on couple people on sales"?

No it wasn't addressed to you. It was addressed to the OP (froggy). Sorry for the confusion NY.

Guest airborne1525
Surprised to see you back here and posting, takes some nerve to do that after lowballing on couple people with sales on other site. hopefully you won't here.

Something is only worth what a person is willing to sale. A low offer can be refused. However it's in poor taste to make a comment like yours on the open board and you didn't even have the balls to call the person out by name. First I don't see any value in your post (if I make an offer, it's what I feel something is worth, if it hurts your feelings, let me buy you some man up pills.) 2nd if you do have a problem with another member, work it out in private before you try to sling mud in public, saves you from getting a lot of crap thrown back on you.

Guest TargetShooter84
Something is only worth what a person is willing to sale. A low offer can be refused. However it's in poor taste to make a comment like yours on the open board and you didn't even have the balls to call the person out by name. First I don't see any value in your post (if I make an offer, it's what I feel something is worth, if it hurts your feelings, let me buy you some man up pills.) 2nd if you do have a problem with another member, work it out in private before you try to sling mud in public, saves you from getting a lot of crap thrown back on you.

Actually, Froggy wasn't lowballing on the classifieds as sale offers goes, he never paid for the goods he "bought" from a couple of people. We trusted him on another site and he kept informing us he would pay for the goods so we went ahead and sent him a few things thinking he would pay us for it as he promised once he got his paycheck, he never did. Have tried to reach him many times via PM and other means of communication with no further ado. So that is my point, my point is watch out, as buyer beware. That is all I have to say and will not discuss this any further.

I apologize for the confusion to NY, but never was it directed at NY.

Edited by TargetShooter84
Guest airborne1525

Your comment was low balling. There is a difference in that and not following through. Again, either way you should have contacted him in private and then maybe emailed the admin to provide proof to adjust his rating. At this point it just becomes a he said/she said problem and we need to be positive brothers on here.

Any comments from the OP?

Whoa.

Now back on topic. From what I gather, there will not be the "millions" on welfare that are also on drugs. Far from it. Worse, it will cost a lot. (As a person who was in charge of giving drug test, the only true effective way is to use a nurse, who watches during the test for cheating, and uses a multi-test which tests for 20+ drug types. This is VERY expensive. The cheap way, which is what my company did, was to not watch and use a 4 drug type test. VERY easy to cheat. So, you have to either have to spend a lot of $, or know a lot of cheats will get by.)

Welfare drug-testing yields 2% positive results | TBO.com

And a whopping 2% of welfare applicants testing positive? NOPE. Too cost prohibitive for too little savings. I see it going away. So much for your I-95 flooded theory.

And, IMHO the Legislators and Governor who signed this MUST GET TESTED TOO. Their positions are far more important than a welfare recipient.

As for the OFF TOPIC POSTING, if you had a major issue with the OP in a trade, on another forum, then take the info to the Forum Moderators responsible for the Trading Section. Do not publicly admonish, as it only makes you look like the bad party of the deal.

Edited by HvyMtl
Guest airborne1525
Whoa.

Now back on topic. From what I gather, there will not be the "millions" on welfare that are also on drugs. Far from it. Worse, it will cost a lot. (As a person who was in charge of giving drug test, the only true effective way is to use a nurse, who watches during the test for cheating, and uses a multi-test which tests for 20+ drug types. This is VERY expensive. The cheap way, which is what my company did, was to not watch and use a 4 drug type test. VERY easy to cheat. So, you have to either have to spend a lot of $, or know a lot of cheats will get by.)

Welfare drug-testing yields 2% positive results | TBO.com

And a whopping 2% of welfare applicants testing positive? NOPE. Too cost prohibitive for too little savings. I see it going away. So much for your I-95 flooded theory.

And, IMHO the Legislators and Governor who signed this MUST GET TESTED TOO. Their positions are far more important than a welfare recipient.

As for the OFF TOPIC POSTING, if you had a major issue with the OP in a trade, on another forum, then take the info to the Forum Moderators responsible for the Trading Section. Do not publicly admonish, as it only makes you look like the bad party of the deal.

++++++1

Guest NYCrulesU
No it wasn't addressed to you. It was addressed to the OP (froggy). Sorry for the confusion NY.

No problem. I was thinking...I really havent ever bought any gun related stuff online..what could this guy think I did? lol

Guest airborne1525

Let's start with our local Judges first since the wonderful judge in Knoxville is going to cost taxpayers millions of bucks in new trials. Oh and he gets to collect his nice pension while our tax dollars are going down the drain thanks to him being high on drugs while sitting on the bench. Grr