Crossbreed vs CTAC vs MTAC What do u think?

Guest Darbley77

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have both...they are both great...but with the MTAC you are not going to have that nice positive "click" when you holster or draw. Its more like a draw from leather. I also find if its hot outside...having a big leather slab against you isn't exactly the most comfortable thing on earth. If the CTAC is a little uncomfortable...apply some mole skin to the areas that bother ya, and that usually does the trick. Even with moleskin...its still less contact area against you than the MTAC. They are BOTH great. But the CTAC gets my vote. Pretty much anything Comp-Tac is great.

I have all three. This is my opinion - some have different results. Do not fool with the CTAC. It was one of the most uncomfortable holsters I ever wore. That leaves the MTAC or the Crossbreed Supertuck. They both have their pros & cons. For the MTAC the biggest advantage is that you can purchase additional shells for other guns. Saves about 50% of the holster cost. The MTAC looks a little better - but who cares because it is concealed. The Crossbreed has the most comfort and is less expensive than the MTAC. The Crossbreed is also just a little thinner, which makes it a little more concealable. The Crossbreed will give you a 2 week trial period. The Crossbreed has a lifetime warranty. Both have great customer service. I think both will do the job - you just have to decide what you want out of your holster. Good luck.

Guest db99wj

Hmm, I have the CTAC and wear it all day long, I put it on this morning at 7:30 and just took it off. It was just as comfortable a few minutes ago as it was this morning. I have hear the MTAC is more comfortable. I might get a MTAC, might not, I will probably try one when I buy another gun.

Guest utarch00

What Crossbreed model are your looking at?

If your are talking about the Supertuck, I have had all three. I no longer have the CTAC - most uncomfortable holster I have ever worn, but I am large in the torso and it dug into my side. If I were a bean pole it would probably be very comfortable. I still have the the MTAC and the Crossbread, both for different guns. The MTAC is for my fullsize M&P and the Supertuck is for my PM9. They both do the samething (design is almost identical). MTAC is thicker - two layers of leather and thicker kydex. The MTAC kydex is more secure. With the Mtac you can change the kydex body for different guns, but it is not easy enough to to it every morning when the mood stikes to carry something different, basically that is why I have both hoslters for my two primary carry guns. The Mtac standard clips fold under the belt, the Supertuck clips have stabelizer wings that spread out below the belt line and it makes the clips more visible, especially when your shirt is tucked in. There are a few other suttle differences, but very similar.

All this being said, I carry my fullsize M&P in my Comptac better then the smaller PM9 in the Supertuck. Sorry for the long winded posted.

+1 for the Crossbreed Supertuck. Mine is suppose to be in the mail. I have heard it's very comfortable with the P345 I have. Also, the MTAC is not made for the P345. It's almost cheap enough to buy 2 Supertucks for what a MTAC and an additional kydex insert would cost. And, the Crossbreed has a lifetime warranty. If I like the one I got coming, I'll get another one for Christmas for my Kahr CW45.

Hmmm...I have a CTAC and it's comfortable to wear all day. It's great to wear under an untucked polo (if the holster is going to ride directly against your skin), but I seem to sometimes grab a little t-shirt/undershirt when drawing IF said t-shirt/undershirt is tucked in. In other words, as long as everything is untucked, this holster works great for me. If not, I sometimes fumble the draw by grabbing some undershirt. I think the MTAC w/ the leather flap would solve this problem, but I've read several times that the flap can get uncomfortable, especially in hot weather.

• 1 month later...
Guest matt8185

+1 for Crossbreed Supertucks. I have two one for a full size 1911 and one for an M&P 40c. I am a pretty fit and trim guy at 5' 11" 165 lbs. and I can conceal even the full size 1911 easily in the supertuck at 3 o' clockish. The M&P 40c is easier yet. Very comfortable as well. I also have Crossbreeds tuckable mag carriers which work beautifully.

Matt

Guest SomeGuy

I have 2 CTACs (different guns).

They switched the design sometime between my purchases, personally, I liked the older way better, but the new feels a bit softer.

As an aside, what does moleskin do, where can I buy moleskin, and how do I apply it?

Guest db99wj

They switched the design sometime between my purchases, personally, I liked the older way better, but the new feels a bit softer.

As an aside, what does moleskin do, where can I buy moleskin, and how do I apply it?

Mole.JPG

Find one, skin one, use it to cover rough or pointy areas!:D:D:p

It's basically a man-made adhesive felt.

You can buy it here, http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=104&osCsid=5ee050dc882b9c979aefd812a23e7b5b

Guest UofM Matt

I believe the intended us of moleskin is to treat blisters. As said above, its essentially felt with adhesive on the back.

As for me, I love my C-TAC for carrying my Kimber. It took a few days to get used to, but after that period, it has been completely comfortable to wear, even for extended periods of time.

Edited by UofM Matt

I bought the Crossbreed Supertuck for my Glock 26. It is very well made and has ajustable cant. I wear shorts and polos almost 24/7, but I haven't worn the holster yet because I either need to lose about an inch in the waist line or buy bigger shorts and longer belt. :D

DSCN0905.JPG