Carry Permit

TeamJackson

Guest Coolboarder8913

Just took the class yesterday at Guns and Leather in Greenbriar with my wife.... Was fortunate enough to get my application and fingerprints done today... Now I am in the boat with the rest of the group of "waiters".... hopefully there aren't any hiccups in the system....

Guest MisterG

The wait is over, I got my permit today 14 days after turning the paperwork in. Must be some kind of a record. ;) I've wanted to do this for quite some time, glad I've got it now.

Guest Catfish36

So many new permit holders on this thread. Congrats to all of you. I am so glad to see it. The more of us carrying..the safer we all are. This also means less targets for the criminals.

The more of us carrying means we have more of a standing "malitia". We THE PEOPLE.

Just curious..what are you new guys going to carry as your EveryDay Carry (EDC).?

So many new permit holders on this thread. Congrats to all of you. I am so glad to see it. The more of us carrying..the safer we all are. This also means less targets for the criminals.

The more of us carrying means we have more of a standing "malitia". We THE PEOPLE.

Just curious..what are you new guys going to carry as your EveryDay Carry (EDC).?

I'm still shopping for my EDC. I'm open to suggestions. Leaning towards 9mm. Still considering a wide range but plan to look at the following before making a decision - Glock 19, Glock 26, Ruger LC9, Ruger SR9c, S&W M&P9c.

Guest Catfish36
I'm still shopping for my EDC. I'm open to suggestions.

My EDC is a GLOCK 27. Small enough, light enough, and durable enough for everyday carry..yet still packs a .40 cal punch. (Wouldn't mind having the .45 version). However, that being said I ran across situations where I wish I had something even more concealable..so I bought the Sig p238 and love it. So now everyday I have a hard time deciding what to carry..so 9 times out of 10 I carry both of them..haha.

I did application and thumb prints on 1/27 so hopefully not a long wait. I have a PX4 Storm 9mm. Trying to figure out how to carry iwb without ending up with the famous box full of holsters.

Guest Star1021Scott

I think I mentioned in this thread, I too recieved my permit a few days ago. As for the EDC, I chose the Ruger SR9C and recently ordered a theis holster for IWB carry.

I had a conceal carry in Ohio and moved back to Tn and Tn accepted my Ohio carry and I waited about 4 wks to get my Tn permit in the mail.

I carry the PM9(16 oz unloaded) in a pocket holster or in IWB holster on right kidney side. Hardly know it's there. I have a LCR in 357 (17.1 oz unloaded)that I am thinking about carrying on occasion, but I have not decided on carry mode, yet. Any suggestions on carry mold for LCR?

LCR? not sure I have never owned one, but I generally pocket carry J-frames.

Anyway I'll probably be taking the carry permit class as soon as I am an official Tennessee resident, as a soon to be transplant from Indiana I am pretty sure I can still lawfully carry under my Indiana LTCH (which is life-time) until I am an actual "Tennessee resident" & am required to switch over to a Tennessee permit.

At least I think I'd still be lawful anyway, considering Tennessee honors Indiana's LTCH.

Guest wallyiv
Good for you. Taking the time and effort to obtain a carry permit is a big deal. It was not so long ago that only a very few folk’s in Tennessee could only legally carry through some very convoluted means. A lot of people exerted a great deal of effort in order to break through that. Even though TII see a couple of people like this but I am pretty sure that it is not a privelage to carry. The constitution kind of put the RIGHT in the Bill of Rights.ennessee is a Shall Issue State never forget that your carry permit is a privilege to you and others who have gained them as well. Carry your firearm with maturity and wisdom as well as pride in having earned this privilege to do so.

I see a couple of people have liked this, so I had to weigh in. I am pretty sure it is not a privelage. They kind of threw it into The Bill of Rights. So....I think it is a RIGHT. Kind of like the right to bear arms. None of the other rights are considered privelages so don't let them tell you that your right to carry is a privelage. Maybe I am over-reacting because text in a thread is often taken out of context.