Carry Permit

TeamJackson

Good for you. Taking the time and effort to obtain a carry permit is a big deal. It was not so long ago that only a very few folk’s in Tennessee could only legally carry through some very convoluted means. A lot of people exerted a great deal of effort in order to break through that. Even though Tennessee is a Shall Issue State never forget that your carry permit is a privilege to you and others who have gained them as well. Carry your firearm with maturity and wisdom as well as pride in having earned this privilege to do so.

• Like 1
Good for you. Taking the time and effort to obtain a carry permit is a big deal. It was not so long ago that only a very few folk’s in Tennessee could only legally carry through some very convoluted means. A lot of people exerted a great deal of effort in order to break through that. Even though Tennessee is a Shall Issue State never forget that your carry permit is a privilege to you and others who have gained them as well. Carry your firearm with maturity and wisdom as well as pride in having earned this privilege to do so.

Very well said! +1!

Congrats - here's hoping you never need it.

Good deal, i'm glad to see more and more Tennesseans obtaining their permits. The more permit holders out there the more influence we have in the state government. I'm too lazy to look it up but can anyone tell me how many active permits are in TN these days? Last I heard/read it was over 300K.

Good deal, i'm glad to see more and more Tennesseans obtaining their permits. The more permit holders out there the more influence we have in the state government. I'm too lazy to look it up but can anyone tell me how many active permits are in TN these days? Last I heard/read it was over 300K.

What he said^^^

Guest dubaholic2

glad to hear another tennessean is going to be lawfully carrying a gun. congrats. back in 05 or 06 when i got my permit, i had to wait 33 days- longest 33 days of my life!

Guest Nikator
Took and passed my Carry class today. Excited to get the paperwork going

Did you take it through Franklin Gun shop? I took the class through them today.

According to the TN Department of Safety - "In October of 1996, the Department of Safety began issuing handgun carry permits pursuant to Public Chapter 905. Prior to this change, handgun carry permits were issued by local sheriff's offices. Since October 1996, the Department of Safety has issued more than 339,000 handgun carry permits."

I'm thinking about purchasing a 2nd (Extra) permit card just in case mine ever gets lost, misplaced or stolen and I couldn't carry in-between waiting for a new one. Has anyone else purchased a 2nd?

Guest Nikator
According to the TN Department of Safety - "In October of 1996, the Department of Safety began issuing handgun carry permits pursuant to Public Chapter 905. Prior to this change, handgun carry permits were issued by local sheriff's offices. Since October 1996, the Department of Safety has issued more than 339,000 handgun carry permits."

I'm thinking about purchasing a 2nd (Extra) permit card just in case mine ever gets lost, misplaced or stolen and I couldn't carry in-between waiting for a new one. Has anyone else purchased a 2nd?[/QUTOTE]