Questions on which pistol and shotgun for 3 gun

Guest Blown4v

Blown4v,

since you're in Memphis please come shoot the match at MSSA on Feb 18th. (It's always the 3rd Saturday of the month).

I tell everyone this but DO NOT come to "just watch" your first match, you really don't learn anything and it's kind of a wasted day. Once you shoot it you'll figure out what you need to work on pretty quickly.

The XD is a fine choice, I'm a glock shooter but this is a 95% practice/5% gear kinda thing.

Regarding the shotgun, I would strongly suggest an autoloader. You can pick up used 1100's pretty cheap and they're fine if they have a choke. At MSSA some of the steel plate racks are NOT kind at all to cylinder bore shotguns so you'll want a way to tighten up the pattern. If I was buying one today I'd probably get a FN SLP, but a 930 or 1100 will work fine.

Hell even if you come out to the match with a break open shotgun I guarantee someone in your squad will let you borrow a shotgun to use.

Also to correct something earlier in the thread, MSSA does not use major/minor power factor in 3gun scoring. However because they use EZWin Score software on the Palm's they have defaulted everyone to 'major' so that the there isn't an advantage given for shooting just a major PF pistol. This is why the match scores show up that way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nutts&Bolts

MSSA had a good match Saturday...missed the rain...

The 00 Buckshot stage wasn't kind to most of us..in our squad best pattern was from a modified choke...

Come try it .... Lot's of fun!!!!