Summer Carry Suggestions

dbla

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very pleased with the Lc9 and LCP pistol's. The LCR in 38 Special is really beginning to catch my eye as well. If the trigger pull on the Lc9 is bugging you there is an aftermarket kit avaiable for it now. Take your time and try to shoot as many of the gun's that like as possible so that you'll be happy with your purchase.

I'm very pleased with the Lc9 and LCP pistol's. The LCR in 38 Special is really beginning to catch my eye as well. If the trigger pull on the Lc9 is bugging you there is an aftermarket kit avaiable for it now. Take your time and try to shoot as many of the gun's that like as possible so that you'll be happy with your purchase.

Thanks for the tip on the aftermarket trigger and hammer kit, looks like the fix for what I didn't like about the LC9. I agree, try as many guns as possible before you buy, don't do like I did and buy every pistol only to find out there is something that ain't perfect, That is until the PM9 :)

Ruger SR9, Galloway Precision Asheville, NC LC9 performance parts

Alright guys, just ordered a Kahr CM9, found an AHMAZING deal online that no where locally could come close to. Went and felt the gun and the trigger really really great. Thanks for the tips!

Great choice--carried mine all last summer under just a T-shirt and in shorts.

Guest msparks
So I'm looking for a new summer carry gun. I've got a Glock 26 that I carry in a White Hat holster. I'm wanting something that's a little smaller and could be carried IWB when I'm wearing shorts and a t shirt. I'd like to stick to 9mm, could potentially do a wheel gun.

-Aaron

As long as you wear a good belt, look at getting a MIC holster. I carry my G26 all summer with shorts and a T-Shirt. 9mm is my minimum caliber. This thing is so easy to carry why compromise?

Though I did find that using the +2 baseplate helped keep it in place better, plus give your 2 more rounds.

Sometimes I just through it in a pocket (like a cargo or a nice big front pocket) with the MIC holster no chance of an AD. I just practiced (unloaded of course) pulling it, ripping the MIC from the gun and firing with the holster hanging in my support hand.

I suppose I have a question here. Would you really carry a gun to protect the life of yourself and family that you hadn't put 200 rounds through simply for peace of mind? I wouldn't!!! All gun manufacturers occasionally turn out a bad one. I don't want to discover that I bought that one when my life is on the line.

Kahr CM9 or CW9. The CM is about $400, the CW a little pricier. I carry the CM9 daily IWB. Can't even tell it's there, and it's a 9mm versus the .380 or smaller. I really like it. So far about 500 rounds through it with no problems at all.

KahrCM97and6.jpg[/img]