Anti-gun protest at Starbucks on Valentine's Day

• Administrator

For what it's worth, I do not think Starbucks has ever gone on record as stating that it is Pro Second Amendment. No where that I've searched have I been able to find any such statement from the company or any of its representatives. All I have found is the same canned response from them to the folks who have emailed praising them for not posting as carry prohibited, where Starbucks simply states that they support all local statutes and laws.

This means that if it was legal for you to walk around Nashville with your penis hanging out the front of your pants, they would not prohibit you from doing that in their stores.

In this case we're not talking about the right to bare your tallywhacker but rather the right to bear arms. Since Tennessee does not currently prohibit you from openly carrying your firearm, Starbucks as well is not going to restrict you from doing so. The only thing they have refused to do to so far is to post prohibited per TCA 39-17-1359.

And again, I think that it is reasonable to expect that Starbucks might cave and post per TCA 39-17-1359 if enough of the sheep are frightened and complain. Their "out" would be that they are again simply supporting local laws and statutes, in particular the one that lets them tell legally armed citizens that they are unwelcome on their premises.

Just something to ponder.

I stopped by the starbucks on murf road in antioch this morning. Picked up a sandwich and a large cup of coffee. The guy at the window commented on my 2 dollar bills. I explained the NGVAC boycott and how I support the company's policy and that the 2 dollar bills were in reference to the second amendment. Turns out he had not heard of the boycott. He was also a second amendment supporter. I will be back again in the evening for my second cup of joe.

Not a coffee drinker so I made my first visit ever to Starbucks this morning. Picked up 2 large white choc mocha and paid with $2 bills.

I have to say that I didn't know that teleportation was real until this morning. Outside was Bartlett inside was midtown. Strange folks in there.

Guest RobThatsMe

Stopped into the one near the mall this morning and bought a coffee.

I spoke with the manager and thanked him for supporting the 2nd amendment rights for us here in TN.

Yeah, I used "supporting" .. I thought it sounded better than, "allowing". Grrrrrrrr....

Stopped into the one near the mall this morning and bought a coffee.

I spoke with the manager and thanked him for supporting the 2nd amendment rights for us here in TN.

Yeah, I used "supporting" .. I thought it sounded better than, "allowing". Grrrrrrrr....

What was his response?

Well never been to starbucks before but went this morning I Open carry and i saw atleast 2 others one had a coat over his but you could definatly tell it was there and another carried fullsize on hip as do I the store was packed so there may have been more carry conceal holders but either waythe hot chocolate was good never orederd coffe there so i would have felt kind of lame ordering something that sounded cool but tasted like but so I stuck with what I know.

By the way to those saying Open carry may send the wrong signal Ive open carried every day since 3 weeks before Xmas Last year when we had a home invasion and my little inacurate 38 even with hollow points didnt even slow them down There was a crash at the door when I went to investigate there was a guy jerking my tv and xbox out of the wall when he turned around I saw a gun in his hand and so I started firing "what did he do after getting shot atleast twice??" he started shooting back and ran .. it was only by luck that Im even here so I went and picked up a Full size XD 45 5inch and my wife got a Judge and we both open carry because neither gun are concealable really but I will never sacrifice power and accurracy for concealability again just my 2 cents and I thank god tennessee is and Open carry state and will try to support any place of business that doesnt try and Prohibt it. anyways just thought Id share sorry for rambling ;)

Edited by plank white
  • Like 1
Guest drv2fst

I think the OC part of this is an idiotic idea and will just play into the hands of those who are trying to get Starbucks to change their stance on the matter. Discretion is the better part of valor. I don't expect you to completely understand that at 24 years of age, but I would hope that you'd at least consider the advice of people who have been on this earth almost twice as long as you and understand that sometimes our "opinions" on things like OC and the negative impact it actually has on people come from experience.

+1 to this.

I donated almost ten bucks for a smoothy and a tea that I could have made for half that at home but, I sported my Ruger hat (also my CCW) and also thanked them for supporting our 2nd amendment rights. I visited two SBucks and one clerk was appreciative the other seem stressed and just said you're welcome.

Maybe their profits will be higher this month or maybe we balanced them out. :shrug:

I conceal carried to the only Starbucks near me today (on I24 at Manchester), bought a coffee, and thanked the manager for not posting. She said she was aware of the "anti protest scheduled for today" and that 4 of the 5 stores in Chattanooga had protestors. She thanked me for stopping in. Never asked if I was carrying--didn't seem to care one way or the other. How it should be everywhere,IMO

I hope I made the liberals as uncomfortable as I was, at Starbucks today. After making a purchase, I finally found a table to sit and read my copy of The Constitution of the United States. Starbucks profits would be higher, if the freeloading ########s weren't there using Starbucks electricity to charge their computers, phones and every other electrical item they own. I didn't observe anyone other than myself actually spend money there.

Edited by tnhawk

I hope I made the liberals as uncomfortable as I was, at Starbucks today. After making a purchase, I finally found a table to sit and read my copy of The Constitution of the United States. Starbucks profits would be higher, if the freeloading ########s weren't there using Starbucks electricity to charge their computers, phones and every other electrical item they own. I didn't observe anyone other than myself actually spend money there.

I may be wrong about this but I think they figure that cost into every cup. :whistle: