Anti-gun protest at Starbucks on Valentine's Day

Guest bkelm18

I may be wrong about this but I think they figure that cost into every cup. :whistle:

You got that right. I support that they choose not to take a stance on the issue, but I'm not buying their overpriced burnt coffee.

Guest Broomhead

Stopped in this evening and grabbed a cup of their dark roast, black. Tasted pretty good. They girl behind the counter looked at my $2 bill and gave a nod and said thanks. They were busy and she was harried so I left it at that and left. I was going to OC, but my jacket covered it completely, so I didn't worry about it.

To those that think just because they have been alive longer than others, makes what they say gospel and not to be doubted, I have met idiots of all ages. Stupidity has no age limit and knows no bounds.

I maybe one of a minority that acutally likes Starbucks coffee. I stop just about every morning and get a large(venti) coffee.

I have tried Weigel's and Pilots coffee and yes it is cheaper but I find it not good at all. Having to be at work this morning at 5:30 I had to stop in at SB's this afternoon and paid with my two dollar bill and the lady replied that it was the second one they received today and said they hardly ever get them. Since they were busy I did not tell her the reason I was paying with one. The manager at my local SB's and I talk guns all the time but he has move on to district manger. So I will continue to go there as long as they allow me to carry my gun.

When I went in and bought my hot chocolate and coffee cake this afternoon, I asked the young (and cute, btw) lady if they had been less busy than usual. She said "No, I wish!", So I assume that we made up for, or surpassed, any loss from a "boycott".

This was in Bearden in Knoxville. I hadn't really expected for an anti-gun boycott to have an impact in this area, anyway.

Will

Guest gw2and4

I've never seen my local Starbucks as busy as it was today when I walked in. Not an empty seat in the joint, and quite a line at the counter. Left a $2 bill in the tip jar for each of the drinks I ordered. Had they been less busy, I might have talked to them about why I was there today. But I opted to just let my money talk for me this time...

Guest Bassman17SC

My normal work commute takes me by two Starbucks. Yesterday, when I passed the one by Hickory Hollow, the parking lot was full. The one in Brentwood was standing-room only.

I do not like Starbucks coffee. However, I bought $45 worth of pastries for the office yesterday. And I told them why.

Oh, yeah. No protesters at either location.

Edited by Bassman17SC
  • Administrator

Congratulations to everyone getting into a hissy over a big nothing. ;)

Don't pat yourself on the back so quickly. It's only 7am on February 15th; far too soon to know if there will be any long-reaching change in policy or whether large groups of openly armed individuals even bothered showing up across the country.

• Administrator

To those that think just because they have been alive longer than others, makes what they say gospel and not to be doubted, I have met idiots of all ages. Stupidity has no age limit and knows no bounds.

You're right about that. There are some seriously misguided people when it comes to the practicality of open carry. :)

Guest NYCrulesU

Don't pat yourself on the back so quickly. It's only 7am on February 15th; far too soon to know if there will be any long-reaching change in policy or whether large groups of openly armed individuals even bothered showing up across the country.

Not patting myself on the back at all.

Clearly most of the employees had never even heard if any boycott. Clue #1 that this was nothing. Secondly, and most importantly, as it's already been said Starbucks has never officially taken a stance on supporting OC ...or any carry for that matter...they just haven't taken a stance at all. Lastly, similar to what another member said...I don't drink their over priced yuppy coffee.

While I appreciate their not posting...it doesn't effect me one way or the other. So in totality, all of this broohaha about the boycott that never was...was a big nothing.

IMO if we do not tell businesses why we support them or don't support them they will not understand the consequences of their decisions. No matter how busy they are, we need to express our views in a thankful manner when appropriate and in a calm, non-emotional manner when that is appropriate. A small up or down blip in sales will go unnoticed, but "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"

If anything, we sure got some TGO members talking and debating, over CC and OC, and that's ok. We are all brothers of our belief in the second amendment and opinions will be formed. My opinion (and it is mine) on CC and OC is that if I'm in the woods, hunting, fishing, whatever, I'll be packing OC. If I'm in public places, I'll be CCing. Why? I think most of us carry because it's possible, not probable, but possible, that we could run into a bad apple and a bad situation one day. If that were the case, I'd rather he not see I was the first threat he needed to take out because I was OC. No, I'd rather keep the element of surprize and A., not escalate the situation, or B., get the drop on him when he least expected it.

Guest bkelm18

I didn't see any protests at the West End Starbucks yesterday evening and the morning "line o' cars down the street" didn't seem any shorter either. I guess it was a Brady Bunch Bust. :P

It was a boycott, not a protest.

The girl behind the counter at starbucks today noticed the NRA cap I was wearing and told me her husband had recently been stopped as he accidentally walked in a bank with his pistol in view. I replied he should switch to First Tennessee which didn't have an antigun policy as I gave her a 2 dollar bill.

• Like 2
Guest msparks

I did my part, $2 bill and all. Took some photo's and even posted to facebook. I normally don't go to SB's since I roast my own coffee in house and it's 10x better than anything you can get anywhere period.

Hope I was able to offset the anti's.

• 1 month later...

Well, we can't have it all.....http://www.nomblog.com/20829/

Dear Marriage Supporter,

We are urging consumers across the globe to "Dump Starbucks" because the massive international corporation has taken a corporate-wide position that marriage between one man and one woman should be eliminated and that same-sex marriage should become the norm.