VZ grip recommendations

Hey fellas,

So I got a new Kimber Stainless II today and I want to order some new VZ grips for it but there's just so many options that I'm kinda overwhelmed. It will probably be a range gun with occasional use for carry. I want something really aggressive and am leaning toward the Gatorbacks. Any opinions on which style and color on a stainless gun would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance. It's the gun on the right.fe02e6ea.jpg

Edited by porkchop
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NashvegasMatt

Having owned and trade about 10 pair till I found the right ones purpose is the key to the decision. Being a range gun and not a carry/tactical weapon, you have eliminated the operator/operator II model. You should probably choose the material you want to go with first.... this makes the decision a lot easier. Here's the link:

Materials 101

Pretty sure I want the G10 and pretty aggressive. I think now maybe the operator 2 is what I'm gonna get. Now just to figure out the best color on stainless. I'm gonna add the Ed Brown magwell and mainspring housing too so I guess I better make sure the grips are cut for a magwell. I'll post some pictures after all my goodies come in.

Guest NashvegasMatt
Pretty sure I want the G10 and pretty aggressive. I think now maybe the operator 2 is what I'm gonna get. Now just to figure out the best color on stainless. I'm gonna add the Ed Brown magwell and mainspring housing too so I guess I better make sure the grips are cut for a magwell. I'll post some pictures after all my goodies come in.

you said it's going to be a range gun... take it from someone who has done hours with the operators II on several occasions.... they are not comfortable. Good luck with your decision.

you said it's going to be a range gun... take it from someone who has done hours with the operators II on several occasions.... they are not comfortable. Good luck with your decision.

Thanks for the advice Matt. I'm still on the fence about the texture. I had a Sig Scorpion with the G10 grips with Pirhanna texture and I loved those grips. They're not real comfortable after a long range session, but man are they grippy.