Let's see your AR's

Guest NYCrulesU

That's almost exactly what I'm looming for. Nice! Few differences is I would want a vertical front grip and a 1 pt sling.

Mind if I ask how much? And what maker? I can just save this pic and talk to my local gun ahop...see if they can help me get one together.

It doesn't have a brand. I can give you a parts list. It has a Noveske QD plate, so the single point attaches right below the buffer tube. To attach a VFG, you would need to add a short rail section to the handguard. The magpul handguard is designed for it, so you just add the rail section and attach the grip. Easy.

Very nice. Same as my last post...I'd like something similar...just with the front grip. Price range?

Again... no brand. Generally more expensive than the last. Better stock, and a Daniel Defense Omega rail. Both guns have ER Shaw Light profile, chrome lined barrels. This one has a BattleComp as well. Both rifles have Geissele triggers. I can give you a parts list. Beautiful shooter.

Since we're posting pics of guns lost in tragic accidents/circumstances; here's two I don't own: (I'm a photographer, I just took photos.) :D

i-c3M6NB3-L.jpg

Stag Model 1 $949.00 Stag Arms

Magpul CTR Stock in OD Green (Seaslug may recognize)

Troy Drop-in Battle Rail in FDE (Caster may recognize)

Magpul AFG in FDE (Caster, thanks again)

Ergo Pistol Grip

Magpul BUIS

Burris Xtreme Tactical Speed-dot.

Edited by MattCary
Looks good Matt! I meant to ask you a while back, how are they working out for you? Part of me laments selling them. I have to go handle my rifle to remind why I did:) Then I'm okay.

What did you replace it with?

I purchased that from you to see if I really wanted/needed the quad rail. Now that I've decided I do, I'm looking at options. Seriously considering the LaRue Tactical 11" Gooseneck or 11" rail. Down the road, funds permitting of course.

I need to get someone to help me out a little, the Barrel nut isn't quite aligned and the rail is tilted ever so slightly to the left. I don't have the tools and confidence in my skills yet to do it myself.

I love the rail and the AFG is a great fit for me. Thanks again!

My Palmetto State Armory build:

PSA lower

PSA lower parts kit

PSA mid-length upper with 16" chrome-lined 1:7 barrel

Magpul furniture

Magpul back up sight

Magpul bolt assist device

Vltor single-point sling attachment

Crosstac front sight picatinny rail (occasionally used for a bipod but works for a light as well)

Added up to somewhere in the $8-900 range excluding optics.

With a Vortex SPARC:

IMG_3976small.JPG

IMG_3979small.JPG

With a scope on it ready for some reload accuracy testing:

IMG_3970small.JPG

Edited by RichardS
  • 3 months later...

I am building my second one (which will be lighter), but here is my current:

BCM EAG TAC Upper with pinned BattleComp 1.5 with AIMPOINT PRO Red Dot and Surefire M910A and TangoDown Scar Panels

DPMS Lower with Magpul MIAD Grip and Magpul UBR Stock and Magpul BAD Lever

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

Edited by alwaysonjohn
Guest Darthlaidher

Here's a recent one of mine. John you didn't happen to get that at wally world did ya?

20h84dk.jpg

Edited by Darthlaidher

I've been shooting in the 450s, but I'm getting more comfortable.

450 out 600, at 1K sounds like a great start, is the X count getting higher each time? do you ever see steve a. there? so then are breaking out the AR for a run? :)