Issues with the new software

First, let me say a serious thank you to David and the staff. You guys do a great job here and have been very fast with responses and keeping the general peace around here.

Now the issues. Or issue as it is. I have only found one so far.

When changing my profile information, it will not allow me to update, saying that "Gender can not be left blank." I am not leaving gender blank. There is also a radio button for gender, and I have tried to save the profile information with the radio button checked, and unchecked.

Chrome and Vista in case you need to know.

Keep up the great work.

And can we get a dark theme for this software?

• Like 1
Guest Broomhead

I agree with the dark theme need. Bright white hurts my eyes. I'm used to dark themes on all the other forums I'm on.

Also, is there anyway we can get back the preview when you hover over a title? The preview button takes longer to load and utilizes more clicks.

I know I'm not a benefactor, so my vote doesn't count as much, similar to Animal Farm.

• Administrator

First, let me say a serious thank you to David and the staff. You guys do a great job here and have been very fast with responses and keeping the general peace around here.

Now the issues. Or issue as it is. I have only found one so far.

When changing my profile information, it will not allow me to update, saying that "Gender can not be left blank." I am not leaving gender blank. There is also a radio button for gender, and I have tried to save the profile information with the radio button checked, and unchecked.

Chrome and Vista in case you need to know.

Keep up the great work.

And can we get a dark theme for this software?

Tried to click on "View all birthdays" and it told me I don't have permission to view the calendar.

Chrome on Win7 if it matters.

These two issues should be fixed now. Thanks for reporting them. :up:

• Administrator

I agree with the dark theme need. Bright white hurts my eyes. I'm used to dark themes on all the other forums I'm on.

Also, is there anyway we can get back the preview when you hover over a title? The preview button takes longer to load and utilizes more clicks.

I know I'm not a benefactor, so my vote doesn't count as much, similar to Animal Farm.

Dark theme is coming down the road. I've stated that several times now in numerous places. :)

As for the preview, no, that's just the way this software works. Sorry.

And I'm not sure why the last comment was made. Have I ever really given that impression???

• Administrator

Any idea why it says "warn status" under my avatar?

Yes, because everyone sees that on their own profile. No one else can see yours. Basically when a moderator issues a warning for something, you start seeing a little bar appear there. As the bar increases, you edge closer to being banned.

Think of it as a speedometer for stupid behavior. :D

Guest Broomhead

Sorry about reiterating the dark theme, should have read further.

You have never given that impression, no. However, I have gotten that feeling from non-staff in the past, albeit distant past. My apologies.

Can't edit my profile. No big deal, no one wants to see it anyway.

Having a bit of trouble acclimating but there's no fixin' that.

I will say a BIG thank you David. The wife bought me a Thrive tablet for Christmas. It has never worked on TGO very well, but its doing VERY well now. SWEET!!!

• Administrator

Can't edit my profile. No big deal, no one wants to see it anyway.

Having a bit of trouble acclimating but there's no fixin' that.

I will say a BIG thank you David. The wife bought me a Thrive tablet for Christmas. It has never worked on TGO very well, but its doing VERY well now. SWEET!!!

You should be able to edit your profile now. As for the tablet... the new software is GREAT on mobile devices. Enjoy!

• Administrator

On tapatalk, click on competitve shooting forum and it goes to handguns. Others behaving the same way.

I'll have to ping the Tapatalk developers tomorrow and see what they can tell me about that. Could be a result of something having been cached from the old setup.

Thanks for all the work, David.

Every search I've tried just gives:

"One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords."

- OS