Issues with the new software

• Administrator

As is the ascending / descending post option normally seen in settings or preferences.

I haven't looked yet but that's likely just a difference between vBulletin and IPB; something the developers from each camp decided did or did-not need to be included.

Tapatalk profile no longer shows people's location. That was there before. Very helpful on the sale boards to know where people are located. Any way to get this feature back?

That's a tapatalk issue, not IPB. I agree it's better with the location, but people should note where they are located when selling items.

Looks like number of posts per page option is gone; seems the default 20 is it.

That's the first thing I noticed. Also no visible setting for number of topics per page when viewing a forum. I googled a bit but could not find a general answer for the IP.board software, anyone know if it is possible to set these to something larger than the default?

• Administrator

Permissions got stepped on in "Carry Prohibited Locations", assuming you still don't want anybody but OP and Mods posting follows there, as per FAQ therein.

- OS

Actually no, I meant to open it up for replies. I just need to change the FAQ and forum description.

• Administrator

That's the first thing I noticed. Also no visible setting for number of topics per page when viewing a forum. I googled a bit but could not find a general answer for the IP.board software, anyone know if it is possible to set these to something larger than the default?

No, that was an item particular to vBulletin. There is no similar feature in IPB.

• Administrator

Ah, kewl.

Also, reminder about the "edit" notice time, still seems to be "instant".

Thanks for all,

- OS

Turns out there is no way to add a "grace period" before the Edited By notice is shown. I can either allow edits, not allow edits, or not append the Edited By tag. I'd prefer to know that posts were edited as it's been helpful in the past on more than one occasion, especially in Trading Post threads.

• Administrator

I would like to have all my hard earned ratings back (24) of them lol :(

I don't think anyone paid attention to my posts where I said that I'd be importing those back into this software as soon as the author gives us a converter. I say this based on the fact that there are a lot of ratings now for deals that happened weeks ago.

At this point I'm either going to turn off the Trader ratings system and clear out all of the data so that it doesn't end up a jumbled mess, or I'm going to just forget about importing that data and let folks keep doing what they're doing.

I don't think anyone paid attention to my posts where I said that I'd be importing those back into this software as soon as the author gives us a converter. I say this based on the fact that there are a lot of ratings now for deals that happened weeks ago.

At this point I'm either going to turn off the Trader ratings system and clear out all of the data so that it doesn't end up a jumbled mess, or I'm going to just forget about importing that data and let folks keep doing what they're doing.

Sorry, I did not see that post. :)

• Administrator

Running Firefox, but spell check is not functioning for me since the change.

Spell check was not a feature of vBulletin and is not a feature of IPB. What OhShoot said is correct; it is built in to your web browser. The software change didn't and couldn't have affected that.

• Administrator

Maybe I missed it but I was wondering if we will be getting the "like" feature back. That was a popular feature.

That was actually a feature brought in by the VBSEO add-on for vBulletin. Unless I find something comparable, it won't be back. Sorry.

Where do I turn spell check on? I know a lot of words, but can't spell my hinney!

Like with previous software, you activate it by using FireFox. :)

- OS

For those using Internet Explorer (yeah, yeah, keep it to yourself) there is a program called IEspell that adds a button to your toolbar that will spell check anything in a text box. That is what I use and it works well.