Issues with the new software

Inside each post. It's kind of ghosted out but it lights up when you hover over it. Down next to the Multi-Quote / Quote buttons.

I don't believe it's activated or something, David.

Only option is see is the ghosted X which appears in posts with signatures, which only allows you to ignore user's sig or all sigs. Which doesn't appear in this particular forum like most others, btw.

Only ghost option down where you mention is "blog this", and "edit" if it's one's own post.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Top of the screen, right hand side, click your name. Click "My Content" from the resulting window.

Thanks David. I figured it was somewhere I was just to dense to find it. And thanks for all the work you put into this site.

Glenn

I seem to have lost ability to copy and paste web links both on replies and new topics. Anyone else experience this? The good news is that my rating went up by 1 !

Seems specific to TGO. I did try logging out, then back in.

edit - "Alt E & P" works from the Keyboard, just not "right click" on the mouse. still TGO specific

using Explorer 8

Edited by R_Bert

I seem to have lost ability to copy and paste web links both on replies and new topics. Anyone else experience this? The good news is that my rating went up by 1 !

Seems specific to TGO. I did try logging out, then back in.

edit - "Alt E & P" works from the Keyboard, just not "right click" on the mouse. still TGO specific

using Explorer 8

Well, you can always use the link icon dialogue if you don't want to touch the keyboard. Right click has paste option in it.

Control+V quicker to paste clipboard, btw; I generally use that anyway.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Well, you can always use the link icon dialogue if you don't want to touch the keyboard. Right click has paste option in it.

Control+V quicker to paste clipboard, btw; I generally use that anyway.

- OS

Right click "paste" option is shaded out. ...Just in TGO

Edited by R_Bert

Right click "paste" option is shaded out.

In this dialogue?:

linkdialogue.gif

My right click "paste" option is active there, Win XP. Sure you have actual text URL in clipboard? And you right clicked in URL dialogue field?

But Control+V directly into editor is still fastest of all if you can stand to touch the keyboard. :)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

In this dialogue?:

linkdialogue.gif

My right click "paste" option is active there, Win XP. Sure you have actual text URL in clipboard?

But Control+V directly into editor is still fastest of all if you can stand to touch the keyboard. :)

- OS

hmm... In the dialog box, it does. but not out in the body of text (which worked until last night or this morning...I think....now confused).

the KB alternates to pasting work.

Thanks.

Any updates on this feedback??

I would like read the newest posts first rather than scrolling though old posts. I would also like to see a maximum number of post per page. Maybe I missed where this can be changed or is it something not available?

Spell check was not a feature of vBulletin and is not a feature of IPB. What OhShoot said is correct; it is built in to your web browser. The software change didn't and couldn't have affected that.

Okay. Do we need to go into Firefox and individually turn it on for the website?

Spell check is working fine on every other website I frequent, but it does not work on TGO since the change.

Running Win7 & Firefox 10.0.1

Guys, you need to stop for a moment and think about what you're saying and consider where a web site (like TGO) ends and your computer and its software begins. Copy and paste? That's your computer. Not the web site.

What he was saying, and it is somewhat curious, is that the Windows right click does not bring up cut/copy/paste options in the main message composing window of a new post. You must use keystrokes or use the extended add link dialogue, wherein right click does bring up the paste option.

However, if you are doing a quoted follow, the cut/copy/paste option does appear with right click. \

Just different behavior than with the vBulletin window.

- OS

Okay. Do we need to go into Firefox and individually turn it on for the website?

Spell check is working fine on every other website I frequent, but it does not work on TGO since the change.

Running Win7 & Firefox 10.0.1

That is peculiar. No, there's not a setting in FF to enable/disable spell check per individual website. Mine works fine, also 10.1, though with XP.

I can't think of anything except to try clearing cookies for TGO only, though I admit that's a guess and I don't see any reason why it would necessarily work.

- OS

Guest bkelm18

Any updates on this feedback??

I would like read the newest posts first rather than scrolling though old posts. I would also like to see a maximum number of post per page. Maybe I missed where this can be changed or is it something not available?

Read the newest posts where? Click on the star/dot to the left of the thread to jump to first unread post.

What he was saying, and it is somewhat curious, is that the Windows right click does not bring up cut/copy/paste options in the main message composing window of a new post. You must use keystrokes or use the extended add link dialogue, wherein right click does bring up the paste option.

However, if you are doing a quoted follow, the cut/copy/paste option does appear with right click. \

Just different behavior than with the vBulletin window.

- OS

Not just VBulletin. It worked last night. Did not work all this morning. Tried numerous things to test (including other boards), reboot, reset mouse driver, etc., finally, gave up resolved to follow OS advice. Now, it works again. Laptop just sat here, nothing different. As OS said..."curious". Now apparently resolved on its own. Never happened before.

edit - doing it again. just worked (I checked when I wrote the above a few minutes before),,,now not working again....

Edited by R_Bert

That is peculiar. No, there's not a setting in FF to enable/disable spell check per individual website. Mine works fine, also 10.1, though with XP.

I can't think of anything except to try clearing cookies for TGO only, though I admit that's a guess and I don't see any reason why it would necessarily work.

- OS

Yeah, I thought that might be the problem, but after clearing cookies/history/cache, spell check is still not working on TGO. Every other website is fine.

Also, the copy/paste feature (using right-click in the reply box) is not showing up for me either, Having to use CTRL+V to paste.

Both of these are quite odd.

Not just VBulletin. It worked last night. Did not work all this morning. Tried numerous things to test (including other boards), reboot, reset mouse driver, etc., finally, gave up resolved to follow OS advice. Now, it works again. Laptop just sat here, nothing different. As OS said..."curious". Now apparently resolved on its own. Never happened before.

Weirder. I was just clicking around in a new message window, and brought it up a couple of times, but most times not. Can't find the rhyme or reason to it. Just one of those things that makes ya go hmmm.

ALWAYS comes up though, every time, in a quote message window like this one, though.

- OS