Issues with the new software

Yeah, I thought that might be the problem, but after clearing cookies/history/cache, spell check is still not working on TGO. Every other website is fine.

Got me curious, I'll fire up my Win7 laptop to double check. This one is on XP.

- OS

EDIT: You're right. Spell check doesn't work here on my Win7 box.

Don't know if that's IPB or just here, though.

None of the places I frequent ate using IPB though, and I don't wanna join a forum just to test. You tried?

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Weirder. I was just clicking around in a new message window, and brought it up a couple of times, but most times not. Can't find the rhyme or reason to it. Just one of those things that makes ya go hmmm.

ALWAYS comes up though, every time, in a quote message window like this one, though.

- OS

Yeah, Looks like if I "quote", it works, but if I "reply", or start a new topic, it doesn't.

Edited by R_Bert

Read the newest posts where? Click on the star/dot to the left of the thread to jump to first unread post.

You'll jump to that page then scroll down to the last post when you click the dot. We had the option on the old format to do as I described. Open a thread and there's the last post. It was a neat option IMO as well as showing 20 or 40 post per page.

Now the star which is a subscribed thread, it works on that and may be what's it intended for. I hadn't noticed the dot and star until you mentioned it.

I guess I'll have to live with that. :surrender:

Edited by kieefer
Guest bkelm18

You'll jump to that page then scroll down to the last post when you click the dot. We had the option on the old format to do as I described. Open a thread and there's the last post. It was a neat option IMO as well as showing 20 or 40 post per page.

Now the star which is a subscribed thread, it works on that and may be what's it intended for. I hadn't noticed the dot and star until you mentioned it.

I guess I'll have to live with that. :surrender:

It jumps to the first unread post for me. For instance, in this thread, when I clicked on the star it took me to one of the first unread posts above. It didn't jump to yours, which was the latest posting. It works properly in threads that I haven't posted in as well.

Edited by bkelm18
  • Administrator

The "star" link that bkelm18 mentioned works perfectly. There is also a "Go to first unread post" link at the top right of each page next to the black "Reply to this topic" button. It too works perfectly.

Am I just misunderstanding the questions being asked or are some of you guys just not looking very hard for the new features? :)

The "star" link that bkelm18 mentioned works perfectly. There is also a "Go to first unread post" link at the top right of each page next to the black "Reply to this topic" button. It too works perfectly.

Am I just misunderstanding the questions being asked or are some of you guys just not looking very hard for the new features? :)

Not so much as looking because this feature was in settings or preferences and now it's elsewhere. Simple explanations on what does what is also something I probably missed. :)

Got me curious, I'll fire up my Win7 laptop to double check. This one is on XP.

- OS

EDIT: You're right. Spell check doesn't work here on my Win7 box.

Don't know if that's IPB or just here, though.

None of the places I frequent ate using IPB though, and I don't wanna join a forum just to test. You tried?

- OS

Firefox Spell Check Fix:

- OS

• Administrator

David, I'm liking the new software okay but I just noticed something...except for what one person left for me today, all my feedback is gone (including feedback you left for me from when I bought hte HK45).

I'm not sure if this is really related to the software change or not; just thought I'd point it out. :)

:)

I was trying to post a law earlier and the software turned (b ) [without space] to ( B) and ( c) [again without space] to ©

I was able to take care of the b by doing a full edit and turning of emoticons, but couldn't see how to change anything for the c

I'm all for special characters, but would like asked or choose if that is what I want or not.

Edited by Fallguy

Love the new software, especially the mobile. I am now useless and disconnected from even more of my life.

How do we close a thread now, though?

You were never able to close your own threads, with the previous software either, except in the Trading Post forums.

As I understand it, you can't presently do that even there with the IPB software, at least yet.

- OS

I agree with the dark theme need. Bright white hurts my eyes. I'm used to dark themes on all the other forums I'm on.

Had a tough time with terrible unexplained headaches after the initial switch - cured that by digging out an old pair of "Blue Blockers" flip-up sun glasses. I now keep them handy and wear 'em whenever I'm on TGO. Problem solved! :up: (Although I still look forward to the eventual return of the dark theme.)

• Administrator

A few days ago my Benefactor status lapsed, but I still have access to the Benefactor Lounge. Perhaps this is manual process and there is a delay, but wanted to report it.

Cool, thanks for letting me know! I love honest people... so enjoy the next 6-months as a Benefactor on me. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I can't seem to be able to post pictures from photobucket any more. Has anything changed in the past week? I had a picture in my signature before the new software and lost it. Now I can't reload it or any other pictures on the forum.

I can't seem to be able to post pictures from photobucket any more. Has anything changed in the past week? I had a picture in my signature before the new software and lost it. Now I can't reload it or any other pictures on the forum.

Folks posted pix last night from a shoot using PB.

I don't use it, but is your account still okay there? Storage limit, bandwidth limit etc?

- OS

edit: I saw your prob in test forum:

You had double IMG tags before and after url of image, forum software ignored it. You probably used the image icon with dialogue and then entered the tags manually also, my guess.

Here's your image you were trying for there:

molonlabesnakeBEST.png

Edited by OhShoot