Who makes a quality AK magazine?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a bunch of steel surplus mags from AIM.

They all seem to work fine, 10 bucks each.

This. They are great mags that do not have the rib on the back, Chinese-style. Apparently they were either made in China and send to Yugoslavia or made there on Chinese equipment. They are sold as surplus European mags and are basically brand new.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MAK47E30&name=Surplus+European+Steel+AK47+7.62x39+30rd+Magazines&groupid=15

Edited by Garufa

I just purchased an Arsenal AK-47 (my first AK) and would like to know is there any AK47 magazine that stands above the rest in reliability. Everything I know about AK47 mags is hearsay.

Since ya bought an Arsenal AK, that meams you're will to put money in good stuff. The very Best is US Palm look'm up you won't find ANY better. I have 2 and fully expect them to last at least 2 lifetimes !!!

Since ya bought an Arsenal AK, that meams you're will to put money in good stuff. The very Best is US Palm look'm up you won't find ANY better. I have 2 and fully expect them to last at least 2 lifetimes !!!

We broke those mags in about 5 minutes... not the best. Broken feedlips and the locking lug on the rear shearing off.

Buy comblock mags, chinese mags, or bulgarian waffle mags. All others are inferior.

Mike

Edited by Mike

Bulgy Circle 10 mags are the best mags out there. Other than that com-bloc surplus and nothing else. For some reason US manufactures can't make a decent AK mag, including the Palm mags. I've heard nothing but bad things out of them.

We broke those mags in about 5 minutes... not the best. Broken feedlips and the locking lug on the rear shearing off.

Buy comblock mags, chinese mags, or bulgarian waffle mags. All others are inferior.

Mike

I have mostly steel mags. But have a few of the US Palms. Mine haven't broken, what caused yours to break? I have run them pretty hard I think maybe I got lucky, i dont know.

I have never had a problem with the steel mags other than the new Bulgarian steel with the polymer follower. The ones I had would not feed the last round. Swapped to steel followers and they work fine. I prefer the steel mags with the spine or ridge on the back. They lock up easier.

Edited by Superman

Mike

I agree with the Bulgarian Waffle mags and eastern European mags...I've had the best luck with the ribbed versions.

I find some of the Chinese mags require a little opening of you mag well to allow a quick and easy insertion. But they seem to feed fine other than that.

I've tried a couple of the Tapco mags and they didn't last very long...either the feedlips broke and that mags busted from repeated mag changes and hitting the deck.

:2cents: