Doomsday Prepper has his guns confiscated by the state of TN...

Zulu Cowboy

I just watched a disturbing video. It appears that Dsarti...big, former truck driver, who appeared on the NatGeo show Doomsday Preppers, has been forced into the healthcare/psychiatric system here in Tennessee, and had his guns taken away from him. Just days after appearing on national television...

He has subsequently given up on prepping...and has stopped making youtube videos.

:down:

Zulu Cowboy

david-sarti_46887_600x450.jpg

- - - - - - - - -

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material in this post is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes…

Edited by Zulu Cowboy

It seems that while he was at a doctor's appointment, he made the mistake of mentioning the word suicide in a joking manner. The doctor decided to take it upon himself to commit him for a psychiatric evaluation, after which they confiscated his weapons.

At least, that's what I got from watching the video.

It seems to me that by doing this, they have taken from him the only things that made him happy. His love of the shooting sports, prepping, and his youtube channel. If he wasn't depressed before, It's a sure bet that he is now...

Zulu Cowboy

Guest bkelm18

It seems that while he was at a doctor's appointment, he made the mistake of mentioning the word suicide in a joking manner. The doctor decided to take it upon himself to commit him for a psychiatric evaluation, after which they confiscated his weapons.

At least, that's what I got from watching the video.

It seems to me that by doing this, they have taken from him the only things that made him happy. His love of the shooting sports, prepping, and his youtube channel. If he wasn't depressed before, It's a sure bet that he is now...

Zulu Cowboy

Well, in the world of Big Brother, ya gotta watch what you say and to who. Sadly it didn't go well for him.

I have seen two episodes of that show.

I would never go on tv and show any prepping I do, which is nothing compared to the guy in this topic or a few of the others.

I don't believe he is a danger to anyone or himself. But this is what happens when you don't watch what you do or say. The .gov knows whats best for us.

• Like 1
Guest A10thunderbolt

I watched the Liberal preppers last night, they were talking about having things othere people would want so they could barter. Good Idea except no way to keep people from just seizing it for themselves. :stunned:

I watched the Liberal preppers last night, they were talking about having things othere people would want so they could barter. Good Idea except no way to keep people from just seizing it for themselves. :stunned:

Maybe those people were smart and decided discretion about defensive measures was best. I doubt it but i can hope. If not some bad person with a gun will take their preps away.

Without going into details, two people I know went through a similar situation. One involved guns just like this, the other did not. The situation with guns was WI, the other here. The situation here was much as this man described. I was at the emergency room and the questioning went from general questions and within hours he was in a pysch hospital for a 1 week. It was scary how fast it all happened.

The guy in WI did eventually get his guns back as they declared he was fine. However, it took forever.

Zulu Cowboy

And yet the social progressives believe that the state will take care of us. But then, they generally don't believe that anyone who owns guns can be happy.

Guest nicemac

<sarcasm>All he has to do is use the gun show loophole and he can buy all the guns he wants. It just has to be at night in a parking lot. He could probably get semi-automatics and guns that have been modified to shoot hollow point bullets.</sarcasm>

Seriously though, this is disturbing.

Edited by nicemac
Guest Sgt. Joe

I have seen a few of this guys vids and he always came across as a big teddy bear who cared about people. He did several vids about basic HAM radio stuff that I watched last year sometime.

I think that it stinks that something like this can happen in our Free? country. Of course we do only have his side of it all but I just find it hard believe that the man was ever a threat to himself or to anyone else.

As someone else said they have taken away everything that he loved so if he wasnt depressed before I am sure he will be now. I sure do wish him well.

We will only hear one side of this story. Due to the medical issues I don’t think whatever agency took his guns will even be able to comment. Apparently theses decisions were made by a Judge.

Edited by DaveTN