Doomsday Prepper has his guns confiscated by the state of TN...

Zulu Cowboy

I really feel bad for this man. I don't feel he is/was a threat to himself or anyone else. Doing what he loved to do and a so called doctor decides he is suicidal? I feel the government needs to concentrate on real issues and and leave people alone.

I don't think we're going to hear anything from the government/agency/responsible parties because that is their MO thesedays.

"We did it, we don't care if it was right thing to do or not, we felt it was at the time so deal with it."

Because they know that we are the little people and 9 times out of 10 we can't do a thing about it.

Seriously, I don't know what my reaction would have been if the Sheriffs Dept. showed up at my house and demanded that I go to the emergency room.

Edited by BrasilNuts
  • Like 2

There's a deeper rooted evil here too. Religions aside, who's business is it if someone wants to kill themselves? Why do people make a federal case out of someone wanting to bow out? It's BS. I'll tell you why. They want the appearance of caring, but they don't want to lose any taxpaying, potentially voting, sheeple/slaves.

I'll never understand it. It's not like abortion where you are murdering a child, this is YOUR life. It should be an eye opener just like land taxes. You're NOT free. You're only free to do what someone else wants. It's your life to do with as you please....as long as they say it's okay.

Mr. doctor needs a beat down in the parking lot.

• Like 2
Guest NYCrulesU

There's a deeper rooted evil here too. Religions aside, who's business is it if someone wants to kill themselves? Why do people make a federal case out of someone wanting to bow out? It's BS. I'll tell you why. They want the appearance of caring, but they don't want to lose any taxpaying, potentially voting, sheeple/slaves.

I'll never understand it. It's not like abortion where you are murdering a child, this is YOUR life. It should be an eye opener just like land taxes. You're NOT free. You're only free to do what someone else wants. It's your life to do with as you please....as long as they say it's okay.

Mr. doctor needs a beat down in the parking lot.

I agree 100%

Guest Sgt. Joe

I am glad that he has found a lawyer to help him out and I really wish him well.

It had been about 3 hours since he had uploaded that last vid and he already had 150 comments when I read them a few minutes ago. It is really nice to see people come together to help someone out like that.

I have seen the same thing happen on this site at times and whenever or wherever things like that happen my faith in mankind is renewed. With all the crap that goes on in the world and our country these days it is easy to forget that most people are still good people. It can be easy to forget because the good people and their good deeds do not make the headline news.

I wish him the best of luck.

Someone has started a petition to the TN governor on dsarti's behalf.

Bill Haslam, Governer of TN: Expunge The States Declaration That David Sarti Is Mentally Defective

Here's the - LINK - If you want to sign it...

Zulu Cowboy

Thanks Zulu for keeping us updated on this.

I signed the petition and watched the video.

Guest Lester Weevils

I agree. Suicide ain't none of the gov's biz. However, keep in mind that the R right-to-lifers are just as adamant about suicide as they are about abortion and most methods of birth control. Just sayin... A feller who decided to off himself would get as much or more push-back from social conservatives in the gov, as from the mental-health nannies.

Edit: Tuesday is Soylent Green day!

Edited by Lester Weevils

After making that video and telling everyone to send money to Harris; John Harris has refused to take his case. I’m curious to know why.

“They did not take my guns away.†Really? That’s what a lot of people seem to be worked up about.

This sounds to me like it could be as simple as a mistake in his background check because of the mental hospital stay that may not even require an attorney.

After making that video and telling everyone to send money to Harris; John Harris has refused to take his case. I’m curious to know why.

“They did not take my guns away.†Really? That’s what a lot of people seem to be worked up about.

This sounds to me like it could be as simple as a mistake in his background check because of the mental hospital stay that may not even require an attorney.

I caught that last night about the guns disappeared and I still signed the petition, mainly because of being forced to go to the er or what ever for evaluation. I am reluctant sometimes to tell the docs of all the side effects of the new meds the keep pushing on me. What got me the most was how fast everyone swallowed up everything they/we thought was a gubermet gun grab and as for me I was ready to send all I could to help. Since the shooting in AZ it will probably get easier and more often that the docs will do things like this, I sure am glad my pcp is a gun nut too. :woohoo::2cents:

Taken from Form 4473, the paperwork you must fill out to buy a firearm from a Federal Firearm Licensed dealer.

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

Question (11-F)

Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes a determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that you are a danger to yourself or to others or are incompetent to manage your own affairs) OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution?

Definitions...Question (11-F)

Adjudicated Mentally Defective: A determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that a person, as a result of marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness, incompetency, condition, or disease: (1) is a danger to himself or to others: or (2) lacks the mental capacity to contract or manage his own affairs. This term shall include: (1) a finding of insanity by a court in a criminal case; and (2) Those persons found incompetent to stand trial or found not guilty by reason of lack of mental responsibility.

Committed to a Mental Institution: A formal commitment of a person to a mental institution by a court. board, commission. or other lawful authority. The term includes a commitment to a mental institution involuntarily. The term includes commitment for mental defectiveness or mental illness. It also includes commitments for other reasons, such as for drug use. The term does not include a person in a mental institution for observation or a voluntary admission to a mental institution.

- - - - - - - - -

Update...It appears that the NRA attorney has now changed his mind, and has backed out on taking his case...

If you still want to donate a few bucks to David's legal defense fund, here is the new - LINK

Zulu Cowboy

I am a licensed mental health professional in TN and NC, and in that capacity, if one of my clients hints at suicide, I have to assess them because of their suicidal ideation. If, from my assessment, I believe them to be serious about suicide, I have to get them to a hospital ASAP. The person will again be evaluated for possible commitment.

If I assess someone as suicidal, both ethically and legally, I cannot ignore it.

While it was regretful what happened went to the point of the court taking his firearms, there was undoubtedly enough concern on the part of the person who originally assessed him to feel that suicide was a high possibility.

I have met David and talked with some friends of his. His guns were not siezed, he was just determined to be "mentally defective" and therefore cannot own a firearm. He transferred his firearms to another individual, the state did not take them. I'm still confused how you can be forced into a mental hospital, get released without a diagnosis, and it's assumed you are mentally defective because you were evaluated. If they thought he was a danger he would have spent more than a few days for observation.

If your interested in helping David you can sign a petition for Haslam to overturn the ruling. http://www.change.org/petitions/governer-expunge-the-states-declaration-that-david-sarti-is-mentally-defective#sign