Best Nashville GS for 1911

Guest NikNik

I'm thinking of getting a 1911. Which of the local gunstores have wide variety of 1911s in stock? I would like to see how the different makes feel as I'm only familiar with M&Ps and glocks.

Thanks!

Guest nicemac

That's about right there, nicemac. I've been to several stores lately and have to agree. As faf as G&L, definitely the Greenbriar store.

I should have specified. Hendersonville does not have nearly as many. Interestingly, they have multiple times the floor space…

I should have specified. Hendersonville does not have nearly as many. Interestingly, they have multiple times the floor space…

Yes, I went in last week and was surprised at the very small inventory. Lots of opens space in the cases.

Kinda have the hots for a 9mm 1911. Thankfully, there wasn't one in the store at the time. So I saved myself a bunch of money to spend this week on a Sig 220 instead. I'm pretty sure I made the right choice.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. My last 3 purchases have been at G&L at Greenbrier. However I only had eyes for tupperware guns at the time. Only got the 1911 bug recently after I had a chance to shoot a friends.

Hope that G&L will have a good selection of used 1911s too.

Guest nicemac

Franklin will have a better selection than even G&L in Greenbrier. I bought mine from Franklin. The prices were within $20 of each other but Franklin had it in stock…

Guest Nikator

I'm thinking of getting a 1911. Which of the local gunstores have wide variety of 1911s in stock? I would like to see how the different makes feel as I'm only familiar with M&Ps and glocks.

Thanks!

Guest Nikator

Go look at 1911s at GNL or Franklin Gun Shop. Then go to Belshire Hardware in Nashville. Buy the Rock Island Tactical for $445 or the upgraded version for $650 ish. Don't think that they are cheap guns because of the price.

Guest Bassman17SC

Yes, I went in last week and was surprised at the very small inventory. Lots of opens space in the cases.

Kinda have the hots for a 9mm 1911. Thankfully, there wasn't one in the store at the time. So I saved myself a bunch of money to spend this week on a Sig 220 instead. I'm pretty sure I made the right choice.

Yep, you did. But don't give up on the 1911. But I was wondering, why talk about a 9mm 1911 and then get a Sig .45 ACP? Don't get me wrong - I've got a P220 and love it. Just wondering.

Guns and Leather in Greenbrier has a great selection of 1911s.

Yep, you did. But don't give up on the 1911. But I was wondering, why talk about a 9mm 1911 and then get a Sig .45 ACP? Don't get me wrong - I've got a P220 and love it. Just wondering.

Guns and Leather in Greenbrier has a great selection of 1911s.

So I could cause confusion if I told someone about it.

Actually because I got a great price on it and I prefer 45acp. What's not to like about a round weighing 185 to 230 grains coming out of a big honking muzzle, moving at approximately 900fps+/-, and hitting like a small freight train.?

Guest nicemac

Uselton's is going out of business? Oh well. I'd pick up a 1911 from G&L or check out the RIA's that Phil has at Bellshire. Unless Franklin has lowered their prices some, I wouldn't even bother to do some window shopping there.

I really don't understand all the negative comments about FGS's prices. I priced a Kimber Pro Carry II there in the Fall of 2010. I priced it at GNL. There was $20 difference. TWENTY DOLLARS! Franklin had it in stock. GNL told me 4-6 weeks to order it. It is easy to lower the price on something you don't have in stock. (not implying anything about GNL, I have bought several things there and like them).

BTW, Outpost was $300 higher than either place and Uselton's well, they were higher than Outpost…

Guest Scramasax

OPA probably has the most high end 1911's in stock. SAII will likley have the best deal(due to fire sale). GAL is what it is, I'll never go there again. BH and D&L have the best attitude and good prices. For the best 1911 I've seen D&L has one Kandros 1911 in stock. Just my opinion. I bought, traded and sold more than 50 1911s last year, upgrading. Got nine in line for Chad to customize this year plus two BHPs.

Good hunting, Cheers,

ts

OPA probably has the most high end 1911's in stock. SAII will likley have the best deal(due to fire sale). GAL is what it is, I'll never go there again. BH and D&L have the best attitude and good prices. For the best 1911 I've seen D&L has one Kandros 1911 in stock. Just my opinion. I bought, traded and sold more than 50 1911s last year, upgrading. Got nine in line for Chad to customize this year plus two BHPs.

Good hunting, Cheers,

ts

I think he meant D&T Arms.

Guest Scramasax

I found the prices were higher on the things I was interested in and just got the feeling I wasn't in the Clique.

Been on both sides of the counter, a factory rep, and competative shooter. Don't lie to me or blow smoke up my ***. I don't get upset. Not worth my time. I just go elsewhere. No hard feelings.

Cheers,

ts