Walking dead....

Caster

That's some shotgun Herschel has.

His 40 round shotgun impressed me and so did Rick's 11 round revolver.

Don't even get me started on those headshots Glen and them were making from a vehicle moving at what looked like 25 - 30 mph. Hell, I can barely hit center mass 7 out of 10 times in IDPA while walking at around 3 mph.

Edited by BigK

Yes. those were some really fantastic shots from moving vehicles. But don't you know, all the survivors will be deadly accurate shots with any weapons they have or can find. And did't you know Rick's gun was the new 12-shot revolver?

I already feel the WD withdrawals starting to take hold. It's gonna be a LONG time til October.

At least I have a few more weeks of Top Shot left to go, a season of Game of Thrones starting soon, and True Blood in a few months.

Alot of information on IMDB is user submitted so don't believe everything you read.

This was actually in a magazine article that someone linked to the IMDbase news section. But you know it's true if you read it on the Internet.

Guest Lester Weevils

If true, 16 episodes per season is a lot nowadays for a cable series. First season was 6 episodes and second season 13 episodes.

I don't watch much TV, but last fall watched a couple of past major network series on netflix. It was interesting how many 1 hour episodes per year were done in the "old style" production habits of major networks.

The SHTF Showtime series Jeremiah and CBS series Jericho both had numerous episodes but for only ran for a couple of seasons. Jeremiah had 20 and then 15 episodes. Jericho had 22 episodes and then 8 the final year. Major networks are still cranking out numerous-episode seasons. NBC's recent The Event ran one 22 episode season before cancellation.

Which is a bunch compared to for instance, AMC's Breaking Bad seasons with 7, 13, 13 and 13 episodes so far. Or Sons of Anarchy with 13, 13, 13, and 14 episodes so far.

Some of the more imaginative major network series had good premise and characters. The ones which ran numerous episodes for a year or two then cancelled, typically would start with high ratings and end with low ratings consisting of hooked hard-core fans who were sorely disappointed when the series prematurely ended lacking proper resolution. Perhaps it is a human-nature thing where even the finest shows excessively fatigue the viewers with too many shows in one season? However it may also be a technical problem. Ferinstance Jeremiah and Jericho both had overall good quality, but at least a third of the shows were tedious space-fillers, only good really for "meeting the quota" of so many shows in a season. Perhaps mere mortals just can't crank out 22 episodes in a season while maintaining quality control?

The 10 to 13 episode season seems a winner for many of the more recent non-major-network series. It will be interesting to find out the practical "critical mass" for episodes. Are 16 episodes per season too many? Perhaps causing viewer fatigue and hastening the premature demise of the series? Breaking Bad was also promoted to 16 seasons for this year, but is billed as the final season and so viewer fatigue is probably not a problem.

Hopefully AMC is just getting "more ambitious" promoting The Walking Dead to 16 episodes, rather than AMC expecting the show to only hold ratings for one more season and desiring to optimize the receipts. Mad Men is still only scheduled for 13 episodes this season, though it has run for several years and had a one year hiatus as best I can tell.

Guest jkintn

Best thing about this show - my wife is asking lots of good questions about guns. She's pretty anti-gun - no issue with me having them but doesn't like to be around them. I've been trying to convince her to get her HCP and start shooting some. While watching the finale, she said (referring to Herschel) "how many bullets does that gun hold? he'd be out by now right?" Same thing with Rick's revolver.