Walking dead....

Caster

I'm thinking there might be a plot twist with the guy they pulled off the fence. Maybe he goes with Rick and Shane to be dropped off wherever but ends up killing Shane. Since Rick technically saved him. The reason though that I'm wondering that is because it shows Rick leaning over someone covered in blood, and getting into a fight with Shane in the commercial.

In the preview for the next episode Rick seems to bait a zombie over to a fence with just his blood. Zombies are mushy-brained carnivores, not skilled and disciplined hunters. I believe Rick is starting to see them for what they are. I hope we start seeing more eccentric deaths, than just the ol' lead bullet. As messed up as the whole love triangle is, they can't get rid of Shane. That whole group perishes without him, and the show would become boring without his bi-polar presence.

Guest Lester Weevils

As messed up as the whole love triangle is, they can't get rid of Shane. That whole group perishes without him, and the show would become boring without his bi-polar presence.

That may be true in context of the TV series plot variant, but OTOH in the comic, Shane was dead and buried before they ever moved off from the first campsite north of Atlanta, and it didn't impede the plot. Shot by Rick's son, when Shane drew down on Rick in a fit of jealousy.

Guest cardcutter

I think Shane could still go either way. Bear in mind I still think like a Marine but I think Rick should lock down Shane's happy little but. He should have been dealt with already. Rick needs to enforce more discipline, especially with Shane. There can only be one leader. The whole leadership by committee thing will get folks killed.

I think Shane could still go either way. Bear in mind I still think like a Marine but I think Rick should lock down Shane's happy little but. He should have been dealt with already. Rick needs to enforce more discipline, especially with Shane. There can only be one leader. The whole leadership by committee thing will get folks killed.

Right, a small group monarchy. It might not be the comfortable decision, but if I were Rick I would shot Shane already. You are right, there can only be one leader and his word must be law. If you disagree, LEAVE. Look how smooth TGO runs. Take it as example. Opinions are listened to, all of them, but at the end of the day one man, one decision. Opposition gets the hammer of justice. In a SHTF situation things MUST be run that way.

• Like 1

Right, a small group monarchy. It might not be the comfortable decision, but if I were Rick I would shot Shane already. You are right, there can only be one leader and his word must be law. If you disagree, LEAVE. Look how smooth TGO runs. Take it as example. Opinions are listened to, all of them, but at the end of the day one man, one decision. Opposition gets the hammer of justice. In a SHTF situation things MUST be run that way.

Pfffft. I think even David would tell you that hitting the "ban" button is not even remotely in the same category as a SHTF situation.

It's the idea of it though. A small group run with everyone having a say so will get killed. I like my freedoms as much as anyone and there's no other country I'd rather live in, but look at our country. Would you survive in a small group when TSHTF if you're all constantly squabbling like a bunch of delegates? No. Under such circumstances, men need to be TOLD what to do. How well do you think any military would operate if people had a say so in everything, all the time.

All the swollen chest, super proud patriots cry in an uproar when this is said but it's true: A group of men who are justly and fairly ruled can accomplish more than men who are left to their own devices. At least in small groups. We all know what happens in large groups. The ruling class get lazy and corrupt and need to be hanged in short order. Power corrupts and all...

And I don't think it's much different than hitting a ban button. The leader makes a decision and it gets done. Period.

Edited by Caster
Guest Lester Weevils

Its hard to guess the most durable small organization in the situation.

Primitive tribes had a variety of organization, sometimes the chieftain (or chieftess) wielding more unquestioned authority, sometimes less. But primitive tribes are extended family units and typically have grown up with each other. Sometimes a chieftain would be deposed by battle, other times by vote or consensus.

A motley assortment of survivors wouldn't have "extended family" bonds. If the leader makes decisions that sound risky, and if he carries a "my way or the highway" attitude, then there is a good chance his followers will take the highway, and ergo no more group? It might be advantageous to squabble over the leadership in some situations, but in many other situations it would be easier/safer/discrete to split rather than get into a hassle over disagreements.

IMO the leader would either have to make most decisions based on consensus, or be infallible and make zero significant errors. If the leader screws the pooch just one time, then the followers will split if they figure he made a decision without seeking counsel from the group. If the leader screws up after taking group counsel, then unless the followers are irrational and looking for somebody to blame, then they will realize that they are partially to blame for the bad decision.

A sailing ship, the sailors can't split until reaching port. Either that or mutiny, if the captain won't back down. In an army unit, the grunts risk all kinds of legal trouble by splitting or disobeying. In a commercial work group, salary, benefits, group unity and status holds the group together unless it gets bad.

An ersatz group of survivors wouldn't necessarily have those cohesion-inducing factors.

Of course after a group grows to a certain size, then it could be organized real hard-tail with enforcers who will shoot deserters, or shoot people who disobey orders. Make fear the main group-cohesion factor.

Edited by Lester Weevils

Did anyone catch the cutting the finger thing then stabbing the zombies in the head? Seems like a bad idea considering that the virus or whatever is carried via bodily fluids, and having an open cut may not be the best idea. Just something that I bothered me a little bit last night.

Edited by gjohnsoniv

i thought he was going to leave shane with the zombies,i would have.

I was disappointed that he came back for him.

If Shane was zombie-fied, then that would have fixed things. However, if Shane escaped, then he would have definitely been on the hunt for Rick. I think Rick had to either kill him or go back to help him.

Did anyone catch the cutting the finger thing then stabbing the zombies in the head? Seems like a bad idea considering that the virus or whatever is carried via bodily fluids, and having an open cut may not be the best idea. Just something that I bothered me a little bit last night.

Yes, that logic really bothered me too. I wonder how many walkers that knife stabbed before it cut into his blood. A little cross-contamination waiting to happen there. Not to mention that they live in a world that is very short on antibiotics and medical supplies. I would try to prevent open wounds and infection at all costs.

Edited by Batman

Yeah C.A. Thought that myself, last week was good but this week it's starting to really pick up the pace. Don't wanna spoil it so I will just say the shot that Ricks makes on one zombie was über cool, and the car vs zombie head was great.

BluewaterTacticalDefense

Rick has proved himself to be deadly with that Python before, but carrying a long barrel revolver really paid off in that situation. Much better tool for that shot than Shane's Glock.

Guest cardcutter

I think they are going to milk the maximum amount of drama/soap crap out of the story line. I know what I'd like to see but I doubt it's going to happen.

One more thing.....Did anyone catch where Shane and Rick were entering the bus compound when they came upon the 2 security guards. As the guards were laying on the ground dead they both noticed they were not bitten but scratched. Anyone see the look on Shane's face? Remember he was scratched while he and Otis were out getting supplies for Carl.

BluewaterTacticalDefense