OTD prices on blue label Glocks

Guest celtic

At TN gun country in Clarksville the OTD price on 9mm and .40 blue label glocks is $490...when you get into .357, .45, and 10mm I believe the price is $575. How much markup are dealers putting on these law enforcement/military discounted weapons? I see that on gtdist and other websites, the blue labels sell for as little as $398.

Stores routinely sell Glocks for $489-549ish, depending on model. I generally find a good local FFL through the gunbroker search (someone clued me into that a few months ago) or I've used good stores in the past.

One thing to consider.....if that is their OTD price, there's not much of a markup considering it has taxes and background figured into it. They're selling the pistol for about $450 before taxes. That's really not a bad price considering you're supporting a good local shop. It's when places jack up the price that annoys me.

The difference between the blue label and civillian models was the magazines. Blue labels came with 3 magazines while others only came with one. Glock recently did away with the "blue label" program. All Glocks are now sold with 3 magazines. If a dealer is a authorized LE dealer they get their standard frame Glocks for $365 and are required to sell them for $398 to LE. For non LE dealers their pricing is substantially more and in turn pass that onto non LE buyers.

Not really sure but it would seem that authorized LE dealers could sell their $365 Glocks for substantially more now that there is no longer any blue label Glocks. It is because all Glocks now come the same way.

Dolomite

If you are buying under the LE/Military program you have to buy from a Glock Law Enforcement Dealer to get these prices.

The price for a fullsize, compact or subcompact 9mm, .40 or .357 with fixed sights is $398.00

a fullsize, compact or subcompact .45 or 10mm is $464.00. .45GAP is $414.00.

Craig's Firearms is the only Glock Law Enforcement Dealer in Tennessee. http://www.craigsfirearms.com/

http://us.glock.com/dealer-locator

The issue is that all LEO/Mil dealers in a 5 state area are subdealers of one primary dealer. The primary dealer buys them for one price, sells them to sub dealers. If the OTD price is 490, which includes TN 9.5% sales tax and the mandated TN 10.00 background check, then there isn't much profit in the sale. Mostly a favor to those who serve and maybe the buyer will get some ammo or a holster later on down the road.

If you are buying under the LE/Military program you have to buy from a Glock Law Enforcement Dealer to get these prices.

The price for a fullsize, compact or subcompact 9mm, .40 or .357 with fixed sights is $398.00

a fullsize, compact or subcompact .45 or 10mm is $464.00. .45GAP is $414.00.

Craig's Firearms is the only Glock Law Enforcement Dealer in Tennessee. http://www.craigsfirearms.com/

http://us.glock.com/dealer-locator

This is the dealer for TN. The LE/MIL sub dealers must buy from him. Then they mark them up. The guy's at Craig's are great to deal with. The issue is do you want to drive to Knoxville to save roughly $100.00. But they do night sights cheap while you wait.

My Ameriglos were $70 installed.

So, if I qualify can I buy a Glock from Craig's today for 398 OTD or is it 398 x 1.095 (TN Sales Tax) + 10 (Background check) = 445.91?

Yes, you have to pay what taxes are in Knoxville plus TCIS. That is for regular Glocks. The .45 and 10 MM are 464.00. The ..45 GAP are around 414.00.

Great price if you are in the Knoxville area. Looks like I will save myself the 420 mile round trip and just buy through the local Sub Dealer for what appears on standard 9mm stock sight Glocks about a 40.00 (10%) mark up. It would cost me more in gas than the 40.00 mark-up and then there is 6-8 hours or so consumed by the process of getting there and back, barring no snafus by TICS.

Edited by graycrait
  • Like 1

If you qualify for the Glock LE/mil discount you can order directly from Glock in Smyrna, GA. They will charge you TN sales tax and $10 for shipping which is still a good deal. If you need more info on this call them at 770-432-1202.

If you qualify for the Glock LE/mil discount you can order directly from Glock in Smyrna, GA. They will charge you TN sales tax and $10 for shipping which is still a good deal. If you need more info on this call them at 770-432-1202.

This is true. But it still has to be shipped to a dealer and transfer fees have to be paid.

• 3 years later...
My personal experience with my first blue label glock purchase, im currently looking to perhaps buy a g42 blue label now so im back at researching it.
My first glock blue box was a g27 gen4 with fixed sites was 419$ at outpost armory in Nashville I drove an hour to buy it I believe I spent 430$ with tax and background check fees.

I called ahead amd was able to find out what they had in stock,

A letter from Glock to all dealers. This is just an excerpt. I am NOT including the document.

"Good morning, please see attached GLOCK’s most up to date MAP price list and MAP Policy Letter to include the newest G42 & G43 models. The MAP policy is the lowest price you can advertise your GLOCK pistols for and is applicable to all dealers who sell GLOCK firearms regardless of their status as a Stocking Dealer."

You can sell it for whatever loss you want to take, but you have to use the MAP guidelines to advertise.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Glock's website, used the "Dealer/Range Locator" with my zip code, changed it to a 50 mile radius, clicked the "LE Dealers" tab then started calling.  Didn't try GT but Craig (the two LE Distributors) was in the 490 range.  Frontier Firearms was the lowest at 425 for those around me.  Try shopping around your area.  There seems to be no set price and there is competition.

Edited by RagTop454

Really? They should be giving those away with any purchase of a regular caliber Glock.

Got to agree with this!!! Where the heck can you even find .45 GAP?  I don't think I've ever seen it for sell locally.

Got to agree with this!!! Where the heck can you even find .45 GAP?  I don't think I've ever seen it for sell locally.

GT's is full of 45gap ammo and it is on close out. FMJ is about $15/50 and 200 gr Gold Dots are $19/50, but they are not sure they will continue to stock gap ammo once it is gone. When they had the GA State Patrol trade ins for less than $300 I came real close to picking one up with a lifetime supply of ammo. I find the thick slide the worst part of the gap pistols.
  • Like 1