CZ-75 Compact Handguns

MiddTennTaco

Does anyone know much about the CZ-75 Compact series? More specifically the differences between the regular CZ-75 Compact VS the CZ-75 D PCR Compact VS the CZ-75 P01.

I know that the CZ-75 Compact has a manual safety while the CZ-75 D PCR and the P01 have a decocker instead. I'm assuming that the regular compact was the first one they came out then they made another model with a decocker.

Does that make the P01 the newest model? Their website claims that it has improved "metallurgy" and "quality control."

I've also noticed a trend that ALL online gun retailers with the CZ-75 Compact and CZ-75 D PCR are out of stock EVERYWHERE.

However, very rare, few and far between the CZ-75 P01 is in stock. Are the previous two models no longer in production? I've called nearly every gun shop near Nashville and no one has any of these in stock and their "distributors lists" don't have them in stock either. However, a lot of them have the CZ RAMI in stock. I don't like it because the grip is too short for my pinky.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by w0lfattack
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know much about the CZ-75 Compact series? More specifically the differences between the regular CZ-75 Compact VS the CZ-75 D PCR Compact VS the CZ-75 P01.

I know that the CZ-75 Compact has a manual safety while the CZ-75 D PCR and the P01 have a decocker instead. I'm assuming that the regular compact was the first one they came out then they made another model with a decocker.

Does that make the P01 the newest model? Their website claims that it has improved "metallurgy" and "quality control."

I've also noticed a trend that ALL online gun retailers with the CZ-75 Compact and CZ-75 D PCR are out of stock EVERYWHERE.

However, very rare, few and far between the CZ-75 P01 is in stock. Are the previous two models no longer in production? I've called nearly every gun shop near Nashville and no one has any of these in stock and their "distributors lists" don't have them in stock either. However, a lot of them have the CZ RAMI in stock. I don't like it because the grip is too short for my pinky.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like you have already done your research. I do believe the P01 is the newest model and it would be my first choice out of the 3 listed. Mainly because I don't want a carry gun that has a side safety. That is a personal preference. Also note the PCR does not have a light rail. I think the 75 compact might take a while to find and when you do find one it will be overpriced. CZ's used to be really inexpensive but their prices have increase dramatically the last few years.

Yeah, P01 is definitely the newest.

Does anyone know whether or not all of the slide widths are same across these three guns? I have a source that claims the compact slide and frame are 1" where the safety/decocker/grip are wider at 1.4". Can anyone confirm this? I can't find these gun in person anywhere.

Guest DrCelica

One thing to consider is that the decocker models are harder to work on than the ones with safeties. If you get a CZ, check out cajungunworks.com. You can send in your hammer, sear and disconnector to him and get a trigger job done for a lot less than Angus at the Custom Shop.

I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm almost positive the 75 D PCR is the newest.

Their original compact guns were the 75 Compact and the 75 D Compact (the "D" means it has a decocker), both were all steel and had no light rails. They were too heavy to compete in the EDC compact pistol market, so they came out with the PCR. It used an aluminum alloy frame, but had no light rail. Then they expanded the aluminum alloy framed 75 compacts by adding a decocker to one and calling it a 75 D Compact, replacing the steel one, which wasn't selling well.

NATO was asking for a light compact w/ decocker and rail, so they made one. When it passed all the NATO testing, they dubbed it the P-01. It sold well, but it's wider than the other compacts, but totally awesome (I love mine).

I like my P-01, but the added bulk the light rail adds to the frame isn't worth it to me. The 75 D PCR looks AWESOME!

P.S. You're right, the RAMI sucks.

One more thing...DrCelica is right about the complexity of the decocker models. You also can't get the trigger as smooth either, because of how/where the decocking mechanism interacts with the hammer and other sear cage parts.

Edited by BigK

I bought the PCR after going thru the same questions that you are. I bought the PCR because it has a decocker instead of a safety. The P-01 also has a decocker but I didn't want/need the rail. The 75 compact has the safety. That's why I settled for the PCR and I have not been disappointed with it! I've been to the range 2 times and put 350 rds thru it. It has been absolutely flawless.

I see that you are in the Boro. I'm in Nashville in the Haywood Ln area. If you want to check the feel I could probably meet you somewhere and let you check out the feel in your hand. I didn't find one locally either and just took a chance on it.

Buds has a P-01 in stock for $558

http://www.budsgunsh...ack%2C+15+round

Impact Guns has a P-01 in stock for $539.99. They show a picture of the SP-01 though.

https://www.impactgu...6703911991.aspx

I bought my P-06 from this company. http://www.jetguns.com/

They are currentlt out of the P-01 but I like that they let me pay with my debit card without any up charge.

Here's a great forum for CZ information. http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php

Edited by Volzfan

I had one, an older glossy blued one, that had the C&L/decock option. I regret letting it go, it was hands down the best 9mm shooter I ever had; but I had a reason in my mind to let it go. As I got older, it became harder for me to carry an all steel gun all day. I got my first Glock, and decided polymer was where I needed to be. That, and the grip angle difference. When I got used to the Glock, the CZ would point low. Wanting to stay consistent, I sold the CZ.

CZ's are most excellent. The compacts are awesome, you will not be disappointed when you do find and get one.

On the CZ-75 type pistols, the slide is the same width across the models. Since the slide rides inside the frame rails, the frame is wider than the slide. The alloy frame is wider than a steel frame since it takes more aluminum to equal the strength of the steel.

FWIW, I have never had a problem with the weight of my CZ-75 Compact. If the steel compact models are out of production, it's a sad day.

On the CZ-75 type pistols, the slide is the same width across the models. Since the slide rides inside the frame rails, the frame is wider than the slide.

Yes, and that's what I HATE about the new P-07 Dutys. The slide is stupid wide, because it doesn't ride inside the frame rails. Bad.

I wouldn't swear to it, but I'm almost positive the 75 D PCR is the newest.

Their original compact guns were the 75 Compact and the 75 D Compact (the "D" means it has a decocker), both were all steel and had no light rails. They were too heavy to compete in the EDC compact pistol market, so they came out with the PCR. It used an aluminum alloy frame, but had no light rail. Then they expanded the aluminum alloy framed 75 compacts by adding a decocker to one and calling it a 75 D Compact, replacing the steel one, which wasn't selling well.

NATO was asking for a light compact w/ decocker and rail, so they made one. When it passed all the NATO testing, they dubbed it the P-01. It sold well, but it's wider than the other compacts, but totally awesome (I love mine).

I like my P-01, but the added bulk the light rail adds to the frame isn't worth it to me. The 75 D PCR looks AWESOME!

P.S. You're right, the RAMI sucks.

One more thing...DrCelica is right about the complexity of the decocker models. You also can't get the trigger as smooth either, because of how/where the decocking mechanism interacts with the hammer and other sear cage parts.

Yeah, the light rail isnt worth it to me either. Its nice that its NATO certified but I dont need that extra bulk since I wont be using a light.

I had a P01. Great pistol. The P01 is also NATO classified. I don't know if the other compacts are.

Very few compact pistols are.

I bought the PCR after going thru the same questions that you are. I bought the PCR because it has a decocker instead of a safety. The P-01 also has a decocker but I didn't want/need the rail. The 75 compact has the safety. That's why I settled for the PCR and I have not been disappointed with it! I've been to the range 2 times and put 350 rds thru it. It has been absolutely flawless.

I see that you are in the Boro. I'm in Nashville in the Haywood Ln area. If you want to check the feel I could probably meet you somewhere and let you check out the feel in your hand. I didn't find one locally either and just took a chance on it.

Buds has a P-01 in stock for $558

http://www.budsgunsh...ack%2C+15+round

Impact Guns has a P-01 in stock for $539.99. They show a picture of the SP-01 though.

https://www.impactgu...6703911991.aspx

I bought my P-06 from this company. http://www.jetguns.com/

They are currentlt out of the P-01 but I like that they let me pay with my debit card without any up charge.

Here's a great forum for CZ information. http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php

That forum is a GOLD MINE! I've posted on those forums asking if anyone could do a side by side photo with the three guns. We will see. I've actually been able to find all three models at various places online. Right now I think the D PCR is the best bet. As previously stated, I dont want the light rail or any associated additional width.

I had one, an older glossy blued one, that had the C&L/decock option. I regret letting it go, it was hands down the best 9mm shooter I ever had; but I had a reason in my mind to let it go. As I got older, it became harder for me to carry an all steel gun all day. I got my first Glock, and decided polymer was where I needed to be. That, and the grip angle difference. When I got used to the Glock, the CZ would point low. Wanting to stay consistent, I sold the CZ.

CZ's are most excellent. The compacts are awesome, you will not be disappointed when you do find and get one.

I actually just got rid of my Glock recently. I never liked it. I'm sure the CZ will work much better for me.

On the CZ-75 type pistols, the slide is the same width across the models. Since the slide rides inside the frame rails, the frame is wider than the slide. The alloy frame is wider than a steel frame since it takes more aluminum to equal the strength of the steel.

FWIW, I have never had a problem with the weight of my CZ-75 Compact. If the steel compact models are out of production, it's a sad day.

Are you absolutely certain that there is a difference in width between the frames? I was really hoping to order a D PCR today, but now I'm not so sure. I dont care about weight, just the width. If the regular Compact is the slimmest, I might go with that.

Yes, and that's what I HATE about the new P-07 Dutys. The slide is stupid wide, because it doesn't ride inside the frame rails. Bad.

That and to me it looks butt ugly. No offense to you P07 owners, but its just not for me.

I've got one but I gotta leave for an appt with a lawyer. If I have time when I get home I'll check mine before going to work.

I would highly appreciate that, sir. Which model do you have?

The rami does not suck. It goes bang every time, makes a jagged hole at 20 yards, has never even tried to jam. Its a 9mm that fits in a pocket with either C&L or DA manual of arms. It is an excellent gun, same as the other cz products. It may be too small for some people, same as the 75 is too big for me (to carry). I would rather have the 75 on the range all day long, absolutely. But I am not going to say the 75 sucks because it is big to carry, I am just going to say it is too big for me and leave it at that.

If you got down this way I would let you try mine, with and without the extended mags. But its a bit of a drive and the single action conversion may spoil you on the trigger :)

I should have been more clear...the P-01 isn't any wider at the back end, which is where the pistol is the widest. It's bulkier at the muzzle because of the full-length dust cover, which, to me, makes the gun feel bulky all around. It still carries well, though.

The truth of the matter is that the compacts, at their widest point, are all exactly the same width (1-3/8"). I know you said you don't care about the weight, but the PCR and the P-01 are virtually the same weight, around 27-28 oz. The 75 compact is a full 4 ounces heavier thanks to the steel instead of alloy.

Speaking of the RAMI, hey Jonnin, my bad dude. Saying it sucks may have been too rash. The RAMI is a fine gun judged by reliability, accuracy, craftsmanship, and durability. My gripe is that compared to other sub-compacts it's too heavy and too wide for its height and length. The grip length is no worse than any other sub-compact, but the OP is comparing it to CZ compacts. IMO, ANY sub-compact would "suck" in comparison to a CZ compact. So, no hard feelings, eh?

I have a PCR......CZ model names and numbers are confusing

COMPACT is Steel Frame no rail

PCR is ALUM frame no rail

Decocker vs saftey is optional(i prefer decock)

and then you have railed models w model number changes

Silly IMO.......

All 4 are great,rails vs non rails vs frame materials is subjective

for CCW no rails are needed and ligtest frame is needed

plus no rail looks better to me........PCR ftw

I have a PCR......CZ model names and numbers are confusing

COMPACT is Steel Frame no rail

PCR is ALUM frame no rail

Decocker vs saftey is optional(i prefer decock)

and then you have railed models w model number changes

Silly IMO.......

All 4 are great,rails vs non rails vs frame materials is subjective

for CCW no rails are needed and ligtest frame is needed

plus no rail looks better to me........PCR ftw

Yeah, I agree. I think I'm gonna get the PCR.

oh and I bought mine here/////excellent seller

www.damascusgunshop.com

Thanks for the link thats a great price