why a Glock?

Guest Brent1973

I think the people who don't like Glocks still have a healthy respect for them. Their reliability is undeniable. I have owned several and I have never had to adjust a Glock beyond a rear sight. Didn't need to change a spring, tweak the extractor, polish or deburr anything. I know some people like fooling with their pistols, but I hate it and I shouldn't have to do it to a new pistol.

ok, look. All i did was ask a question about hand guns on a gun forum. I'm new to this forum and although i have had guns in the past, its been a while and a lot of things have changed in that time.That said, what i get from all the replies is that it's 100% my choice. i get that. thanks for all the info and the opinions.

I see there or some strong feelings in this so ill end it here... what i'm seeing is if you like them, then there the best, if you don't then there no good . Again,thanks for all the help and am looking forward to a lot of time spent here reading and learning....

Ok, let's say police departments pick the cheapest handguns on the market........if you want. But why is the pro circuit covered in Glock 34s? Sponsored shooters who don't even pay for their guns or ammunition choose Glock as much or more than police departments. I guess they have to pick the cheapest gun on the market too.

Sponsored shooters shoot what their sponsors tell them to shoot. The non-sponsored shooters shoot the "bargain" (it's relative at this stage) pistols that the sponsored shooters shoot. It's marketing 101.

And you are twisting what I said. I didn't say cheapest period. If the bean counters had their way, Metro PD would carry Soviet surplus pistols. I said cheapest reasonable gun. Otherwise, everybody would carry a HK 45 like they're special forces. Glock outprices M&P, the decent Sigs, HK, etc.

I thought pie covered it pretty well, but you're getting a little defensive in your posts.

Edited by SavageSig

ok, look. All i did was ask a question about hand guns on a gun forum. I'm new to this forum and although i have had guns in the past, its been a while and a lot of things have changed in that time.That said, what i get from all the replies is that it's 100% my choice. i get that. thanks for all the info and the opinions.

I see there or some strong feelings in this so ill end it here... what i'm seeing is if you like them, then there the best, if you don't then there no good . Again,thanks for all the help and am looking forward to a lot of time spent here reading and learning....

No good is not really correct. No good would imply a serious flaw (jams, explosions, poor service, falls apart, something). I hate the things, to be perfectly honest. But they are still fine, great quality guns at a reasonable price. No one, not even a hater, can really present a logical argument that the guns are of poor quality or anything like that. From there it comes down to personal prefs. I hate the lightweight build, because it makes the recoil that much worse. The next guy loves the lightweight build, because he hates having to wear a cowboy sized belt to hold up an all steel gun. I hate the trigger, because it does not go bang when you barely touch it. The next guy loves the trigger, because it has that short reset. All that stuff is just opinion and personal preference, though. The ONLY thing that matters is whether YOU like the gun that YOU purchase. If you buy a glock, I am happy for you, I will not be shooting it anyway so my dislike does not matter a bit.

Don't let the back & forth get to you. You just asked a question that, while a great question, usually touches a nerve or 3. If someone tells you a gun is no good, listen up but google it later to see if the person is on the level. If a gun has problems, google will tell you (unless it is a brand new model -- in which case you either choose to be the guiena pig or to wait until info comes out). If someone tells you to buy a specific thing because it is the best, put your hand on your wallet and talk to someone else.

• Like 2