Any lady hunters?

Guest MrsS

Just wanted to know if any of you ladies hunt? If so, what do you use (gun/bow)? What do you hunt?

I never got into hunting. My husband bought me a compound bow to try it out but I just couldn't get into it. I now use my bow to shoot at those square targets like those sold by wal-mart. Its a great stress reliever.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started hunting with my dad at 4 years old. That's when he first taught me how to shoot.....while we were on our squirrel hunting trips.....with a Winchester model 94 .22 lever action rifle. I killed my first deer at 11 years old......and many, many more since that. Hunting has always been as much of a tradition in my family as guns and shooting are.

I used to hunt for a while with a compound bow also.....never had much luck with that though.....only bagged one doe in about three seasons with the bow. I can shoot a bow very well.....it was just too hard to get close enough to the deer to make a good shot. I prefer a .12 gauge loaded with slugs! B)

I haven't hunted in about 4 years now. When I got pregnant with my son I had to give it up.....temporarily that is. I'm looking forward to taking my son hunting and sharing all the great experiences with him that I had with my dad. My husband doesn't hunt or shoot......so this will completely be a mother/son thing for me and Cameron. I just hope that he'll enjoy it as much as his mommy does!

I'm going to teach Cam how to shoot this summer......with a red ryder bb gun. I hope to move up to a .22 rifle by next summer B)