• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AK4ME

You can sell it. It'll sell on a form 4 through a class 3 dealer. A single $200 tax is due unless the buyer is out of state then its tax stamp X 2

You can sell the gun to an in-state individual or any SOT dealer with one tax stamp, on a form 4. You don't have to go "through" an SOT dealer (to transfer the gun to the dealer would require a tax stamp, plus then an additional tax stamp to transfer to the new buyer, 400 bucks total :stir:), but I would recommend consulting with a "pro" to help you with the paperwork. An out-of-state sale to an individual will require 3 transfers: One tax-stamp form 4 to an in-state dealer, one tax-free form 3 from your dealer to the buyer's dealer, and then one more tax-stamp form 4 to the buyer.

Your best course of action (other than just keeping it and enjoying it :stir:), would probably be a local form 4 sale, or if you can't find a buyer on your own, finding an SOT to consign it for you (an SOT can keep the gun in the store tax-free, as long as ownership isn't transferred). I'd be happy to help you with this, if you have any other questions just let me know.

DanO

Thats just too damn confusing. Probably just keep it.

SBR Transfer for Dummies:

Option 1:

1. Find a buyer for your SBR (TN resident)

2. Have the buyer initiate a Form 4 transfer for your SBR.

3. When new Form 4 comes to you from ATF in the buyers name, give him the the rifle and the Form 4.

Option 2:

1. Find a good SOT (Dealer capable of handling NFA/"Class III" items

2. Ask him to consign your rifle for you.

3. Receive monies from the sell of the rifle from the FFL/SOT, and return the buyers Form 4 to the dealer once it arrives at your home of record.

Options 3:

1. Find a buyer for your SBR (Not a TN resident)

2. Bring the rifle and your paperwork to your SOT

3. SOT starts transfer paperwork (this costs you 200.00)

4. Once approved, SOT transfers rifle out of state to SOT at the buyers location.

5. Buyer initiates Form 4 (pays 200.00) and receives rifle from the dealer once Form is approved.

Option 4.

1. Keep rifle.

2. Buy ammo.

3. Shoot and enjoy.

4. Repeat as needed.

Edited by BimmerFreak
Guest Law of Thirds

That's why you gotta make sure it's exactly what you want so you'll never get sick of it.

Out of curiosity, how much paperwork would you go through to GIVE a SBR to someone? I'm guessing just as much, just wondering.

The NFA paperwork is really no big deal... you can go to www.titleii.com of have a form 1 or form 4 filled out in about the same time it takes to register for this forum.

Now as for why someone would want an SBR? It's not really important for anyone to know the reason for that other than the buyer, and even he/she doesn't really need to know either. Kinda like revolvers... the technology has been obsolete for 100 years, but yet they sure seem to have a following. :mad:

DanO

(who is an unrepentant wheelgun lover, who looks forward every week to Wheelgun Wednesday to wear his S&W 29)

Guest AK4ME

And since you put it that way SBR'ing seems like a great idea. Thats a nice looking rifle.

Been kicking around the idea of SBR'ing my 10/22 just because. Its a great little rifle and I am sure I'll never part with it anyway. I bought a silencer for it already and the guys at subgunsdotcom all use a 5" barrel so standard velocity ammo will run subsonic. The Remington subs ar about $4.00 a box and that gets expensive if you shoot as much as I do. It'd be nice to shoot bulk pack ammo quietly.

• 1 month later...

I would really like to get a SBR'd FN PS90. Ultimate gun for when Zombies run the Earth. Short, Compact, and packs a nice punch to the cranium.:koolaid: lol

I messaged Joe and am now waiting for a response. I thought a SBR'd PS90, A SIG 229 9mm, and crap load of 5.7 ammo would be worth my SBR'd SL8/G36K conversion w/ lots of extra parts ect.

I also thought about selling just the barrel assym. and putting the SL8 barrel back on. God I hate being poor.

• 1 month later...
Guest tngunman

It's easier to keep it. Nobody will pay extra for a lower with your name on it. You can strip it and sell all the other parts though!

ETA: What is that thing?