svt raptor question

Guest m14man

i know there are a few owners on here. Im looking at purchasing a ext cab version just wondering were you purchased your vehical at and what kind of deal did you get.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Got mine from Two Rivers Ford. I've known those guys for years so the deal I got likely won't be what you get. My recommendation is that you just negotiate as best as possible. The more cash you have toward the vehicle, the more bargaining power you will have.

Guest Scramasax

Got mine at Town and Country. Of course My family has bought 16 vehicles from them. I also traded in a pristine F-250 Supercrew King Ranch. Boy they didn't like writing me a check for the Difference.

Cheers,

ts

• Administrator

well, to each his own but they are more expensive, insr is higher, they get worse mpg and are going to be harder to work on down the road than a good ole f150. but yeah, they are bad arse

Wrong on most counts, sorry. A nicely equipped Ecoboost F150 actually costs more than the Raptor. MPG is better than the 5.0L, no worse than the other 6.2L models and there's really no fair comparison to the fuel sipping Ecoboost V6. The Raptor is just an F150 with suspension on steroids (and a few extra body pieces) so it is absolutely no harder to work on than any other F150. Probably easier, in some senses, and definitely easier than the Ecoboost models.

Insurance on my Raptor is only about $20 higher per 6-months than a loaded non-Raptor F150 too. While technically that means insurance is higher, I don't consider it to be even worthy of discussion given how miniscule the difference is.

I think you're just kind of assuming some things without any real basis in fact. The Raptor wouldn't be my first choice for an around-the-town vehicle if I was looking for economy, but I don't think any of us who bought them did so for that reason anyway. :)

A nicely equipped Ecoboost F150 actually costs more than the Raptor.

I'll disagree with this all day long. Of course, the "nicely equipped" part is going to be the catch here. To me, a nicely equipped truck would be the XLT line and those run about 33k sticker for a SCrew. But I realize that others might consider an XLT to be a pauper's ride.

I will give my props to Two Rivers Ford. I have bought 5 vehicles from them since September of 2008, and I have had no better experience than there. Doug Reed, the Sales Manager, is a great guy to work with, and he takes care of people after the sale too. :)

Edit: I think I recall them having a black on on the lot last week too.

Edited by SWJewellTN
  • Administrator

I will give my props to Two Rivers Ford. I have bought 5 vehicles from them since September of 2008, and I have had no better experience than there. Doug Reed, the Sales Manager, is a great guy to work with, and he takes care of people after the sale too. :)

Doug is a top notch guy and is the reason why I went with Two Rivers myself. You'll find no better Ford dealer in the area as far as I'm concerned.

Wrong on most counts, sorry. A nicely equipped Ecoboost F150 actually costs more than the Raptor. MPG is better than the 5.0L, no worse than the other 6.2L models and there's really no fair comparison to the fuel sipping Ecoboost V6. The Raptor is just an F150 with suspension on steroids (and a few extra body pieces) so it is absolutely no harder to work on than any other F150. Probably easier, in some senses, and definitely easier than the Ecoboost models.

Insurance on my Raptor is only about $20 higher per 6-months than a loaded non-Raptor F150 too. While technically that means insurance is higher, I don't consider it to be even worthy of discussion given how miniscule the difference is.

I think you're just kind of assuming some things without any real basis in fact. The Raptor wouldn't be my first choice for an around-the-town vehicle if I was looking for economy, but I don't think any of us who bought them did so for that reason anyway. :)

I went to the ford site (i know that is different than going to a dealer) but they list starting msrp at 42,000.a lariat starts at 35,000. a base SL cost 22,000k.

i know there are a few owners on here. Im looking at purchasing a ext cab version just wondering were you purchased your vehical at and what kind of deal did you get.

Again I would recommend Two Rivers Ford, they also got my vehicle made much quicker than I expected and were very helpful with the ordering process. One thing that you should know if you do not already is that no incentives are available on SVT vehicles

Guest mustangdave

One thing that you should know if you do not already is that no incentives are available on SVT vehicles

Oh but there is an incentive to buying an SVT vehicle...its called VRRROOOOOMMMMMM...LOL...Two Rivers is my dealership of choice...every car I've purchased with th eexception on my wifes current 2001 Bullitt Edition Mustang has come off their car lot...since 1998 with my first purchase of a 93 SHO...a 96 Explorer Sport, E-150 Conversion Van, 02 V6 Mustang, 05 Focus ZX5, 03 Roush Mustang, 05 Freestyle SEL, and an 09 Bullitt Mustang that died in the Great Flood of 2010

Oh but there is an incentive to buying an SVT vehicle...its called VRRROOOOOMMMMMM...LOL...Two Rivers is my dealership of choice...every car I've purchased with th eexception on my wifes current 2001 Bullitt Edition Mustang has come off their car lot...since 1998 with my first purchase of a 93 SHO...a 96 Explorer Sport, E-150 Conversion Van, 02 V6 Mustang, 05 Focus ZX5, 03 Roush Mustang, 05 Freestyle SEL, and an 09 Bullitt Mustang that died in the Great Flood of 2010

You most definitely have a point, that is the Best incentive in my opinion!

yea i know about the incentives looked at a 2010 model local with 12,000 miles but they want more than i can buy a new one for. also been in contact with dealer in clarksville they have two. gonna check out two rivers tho to many people say to and i like to do business with good people.