Not a 1911 kind of guy?

kieefer

I'd almost have to have one just for the collection but....

Say you gotta have (or have) a .45 Cal, What would that be in a autoloader?

Personally I wish the Beretta 92 style came in .45 but it doesn't so I would settle for a Sig P220 Extreme. :)

Or keep it basic and go for a Glock 30.

At least this week those would be my choice. :D

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brianf88

The P220 is a great choice nice and heavy so recoil is minimal. If you are a beretta fan like myself they have the PX4 in 45 with the rotating barrel which keeps recoil down. I have the special duty with pelican case three mags 1 flushed 9 round and two tens special coating and cleaning case and I know Guns and leather can get it for 8something.

I think that just about covers every 45acp made today that is not in the 1911 format, with a few that are still missing. I like the XD-45 and the Colt Government model 1991A series 80.....but that's just me. I have not shot anywhere near all the 45acp models out today.

Haven't seen a HK show up yet but, I found a cool quote from bkelm18 while doing a search on them,

The only proper way to photograph an HK is with backwards bullets. They are so badass, they still feed and shoot properly. bkelm18

:lol:

Guest Lester Weevils

Say you gotta have (or have) a .45 Cal, What would that be in a autoloader?

Personally I wish the Beretta 92 style came in .45 but it doesn't so I would settle for a Sig P220 Extreme. :)

I'm not real devoted to the .45 round but got nothing against it. 1911 is a nice platform and I like it. Glock is also a nice platform. Got no gripes with other options folks mentioned.

If out of sheer cussedness I just HAD to get a .45 but didn't want another 1911--Might consider Beretta or Stoegar Cougar in .45. Or Beretta PX4 in.45. PX4 seems essentially just a modernized polymer frame Cougar. Or maybe a CZ97 in .45. Or a CZ clone such as Tanfoglio Witness in .45.

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest Bassman17SC

I own a Sig P220 Stainless Elite in .45 ACP. What a sweet pistol.

That being said, I just brokered a deal for a NIB Ed Brown 1911 (pics and range report to follow after I receive it in a few weeks). The 1911 is a proven .45 ACP platform and is very pleasing to the eye. I will consider no other .45 caliber handguns at this time (especially any plastic guns). I am a true 1911 kind of guy.

For me, I guess my tastes lean more to classical aesthetics. For example, I love the M-1 platform, but hate the M-16/AR platform. Why? I guess I just don't like the looks of an "evil black rifle with the shoulder thingy that goes up." Not that there is anything wrong with that.