Patriot Collector 39 Gun Safe 2HR (TONS OF PICTURES)

If you want the best for the money I would say either Fort Knox or Browning.  Not saying  there aren't other brands that make a good safe but I would recommend Fort Knox and Browning over other brands. 

We carry :

Browning

Fort Knox

Liberty

American Security

Barrett

Champion

Superior

Winchester

Real Steel

Edited by av88tor
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Czarcharles

Any opinions or knowledge of Amsec safes?   I'm looking at one that has a "TL-30" rating.  I don't know much else about it, other that the owner says it's a jewelry safe (but it's tall enough for guns) and it is very heavy. 

I did order one of the 18" rods thinking i could tap into the lighting inside ( ordered rod before safe arrived ) then found out about the power being converted to DC so didnt want to drill another hole in safe so sent the rod back, my safe is inside a heated and cooled bedroom in home so i dont think i even need a dehumidifier .

also the 18" rod i thought could have been mounted on floor in front of shelves but then the door would not close so any type of dehumidifier would have to be mounted on back wall somewhere.

Get one of those Eva Dry humidifiers like in the picture. They don't require any juice. Mine is in the house too, but I have one in there just to make sure it's dry. 

• 3 months later...

Hey gentlemen.  I love my safe. I am in the process of moving, and I was wondering if any of you guys had some safe moving tips for me as well as if anyone knew how much the Collector weighs empty?  Thanks in advance! 

Nolan

Should weigh in the 700 lbs range, if you want to do it your self try using PVC pipe or an applance dolly with a few "GOOD" friends.

Thank you av88tor!  I do have an appliance dolly and am considering using that to move it.  This is going to be interesting!  Hopefully someday I will have a place of my own and won't every have to move it again! LOL  Thanks again!

• 1 year later...

Deterrent #1: My cop car parked outside
Deterrent #2: My dog
Deterrent #3: Pure weight and size
Deterrent #4: No tools around to help the burglar
Deterrent #5: Bolted into ground
Deterrent #6: My Sig 220 that I keep hidden by my bed with tac light and loaded with Federal Hydra-shoks. Which really will not be an issue because of #1 and #2.

biggrin.gif
FTFY

oops, just noticed this was resurrected from a couple years ago. Edited by DaveTN
  • 5 months later...

I hate to revive my old DEAD thread, but since this post is easily found on google and I'm getting messages about it, here is a video teaching you how to reset/change/use your patriot safe company (aka Merlo Company) safe.  BTW, they have gone out of business so don't expect any customer service if you get one second hand.  Also, as stated elsewhere, the fire proof ratings are questionable since they walls seem to be filled with concrete, however they still make a nice safe (IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT) that will prevent the average burglar due to its weight/construction (as long as the keypad doesn't fail, but mine hasn't had issues).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO7QaujYWng

Edited by alwaysonjohn