New Frontier Armory polymer AR lower??

I've heard they are from the same manufacture.....I've also heard the name "PlumCrazy" has given the company some issues with contracts which is why they changed the name. Not sure, just what I've heard around the water cooler. Some of the PC's I've seen have plastic trigger pins but all have had steel hammers. I'll say these will go up to the cost of the PC's eventually after they gain a bit of popularity.

I've heard the same thing as well. And they basically say that on the front page of their website. http://www.pcfmfg.com/

I guess they didn't really consider gov or law enforcement contracts when they came up with the name. I read somewhere (hearsay) that their goal was to get an AR-style rifle in every law-abiding hand in the country, hence the low price. Makes sense that they would go with an eye-catching name rather than something more professional initially.

So, if PCF is not the actual manufacturer, what manufacturer actually makes the New Frontier and the Plum Crazy?

Will

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard the same thing as well. And they basically say that on the front page of their website. http://www.pcfmfg.com/

I guess they didn't really consider gov or law enforcement contracts when they came up with the name. I read somewhere (hearsay) that their goal was to get an AR-style rifle in every law-abiding hand in the country, hence the low price. Makes sense that they would go with an eye-catching name rather than something more professional initially.

So, if PCF is not the actual manufacturer, what manufacturer actually makes the New Frontier and the Plum Crazy?

Will

PCF has been "talking" about changing their name on the lowers for going on 3 years now. It hasn't been done yet, so I doubt it ever will.

New Frontier Armory and PCF lowers are all made in the same mold, by the same injection molder whom has the patent on the lower. They also use the same FCG. The New Frontier lowers have an upgraded polymer mix, upgraded springs, better availability, and a better price point.

PCF has been "talking" about changing their name on the lowers for going on 3 years now. It hasn't been done yet, so I doubt it ever will. New Frontier Armory and PCF lowers are all made in the same mold, by the same injection molder whom has the patent on the lower. They also use the same FCG. The New Frontier lowers have an upgraded polymer mix, upgraded springs, better availability, and a better price point.

..................and another reason I bought one is Joe Bob dun saved me a few bucks.........

I have had my pcf for about a year now and it has never fell apart or exploded in my hands YET, even after several hundred 55 & 62 gr. .223/5.56 ammo. So far it goes bang everytime I wanted, but I am in the process of building another lower just for redundancy and will probably put a beater on the pcf just so it dont get lonely.

KWE have you shot it yet brother??? What you think about it??
Yup....I've put about 300 rounds through it so far with about 75 or so this weekend at Norris. Dolomite fiddled with the poly trigger in it a bit and definatly inproved the smoothness and break of it. I really like it. No issues with it. I can't say that you should take this into combat but if you're looking for a cheap reliable lower, this is a great one to start with. Add one of the 299.99 Spirit uppers to it (http://www.yourshoppingnetwork.com/shop/product_view.asp?storeID=9BC4DA58EBAF47559808DB3958C65556&pr=82406&special=true&priv=1) and you have an ubber cheap plinking AR that'll be a great introduction to the BlackRifle world......I have already ordered one of the uppers to play with as well. I'll be at the Blount County shoot on March 17th if anyone wants to play with it and shoot it. Just bring your own ammo and I'll let you wear it out..... Edited by kwe45919
Guest ibavol

..................and another reason I bought one is Joe Bob dun saved me a few bucks.........

...a big +1 for Joeboboutfitters cuz I've ordered a bunch of stuff and they dun saved me a bunch o bucks! GREAT folks to deal with. Just ordered a Frontier lower from Joebob today. Check out the torture tests on this lower on their web site...

http://www.joebobout...com/default.asp

Edited by ibavol

Ok Murg we were going to do a huge order thru our FFL on the lowers and also the uppers from spirit which are sold by weapon system international, I have talked with New frontier personally but weapon system I cannot get ahold of them for all that's good and holy. Did you just order one? I was trying to order as many uppers for ad many lowers get it. PM me if you want the skinny on these things. Think you might appreciate.

...a big +1 for Joeboboutfitters cuz I've ordered a bunch of stuff and they dun saved me a bunch o bucks! GREAT folks to deal with. Just ordered a Frontier lower from Joebob today. Check out the torture tests on this lower on their web site...

http://www.joebobout...com/default.asp

Thanks for the order! These are shipping in 5-10 business days currently. We've been freaking swamped with orders and phone calls for these lowers. Its insane! We're getting them out as fast as possible. You'll get tracking updates as the order ships.

Ok Murg we were going to do a huge order thru our FFL on the lowers and also the uppers from spirit which are sold by weapon system international, I have talked with New frontier personally but weapon system I cannot get ahold of them for all that's good and holy. Did you just order one? I was trying to order as many uppers for ad many lowers get it. PM me if you want the skinny on these things. Think you might appreciate.

Try contacting Spirit themselves....WSI is just a vendor for the uppers.

Thanks for the order! These are shipping in 5-10 business days currently. We've been freaking swamped with orders and phone calls for these lowers. Its insane! We're getting them out as fast as possible. You'll get tracking updates as the order ships.

Mine was at the FFL's in about 3 days.........I have no complaints.

Seez, the link isn't directly linked as WeaponSystemInternational, it's some wierd site, like www.yourshoppingnetwork.something, kinda strange. I have called WSI at least 30 times with no answer by a HUMAN. I have looked at Spirits website and can't find where they have anything remotely close to $299 for an upper.

I've seen carbon fiber used in lots of applications, and it is extremely strong. It wouldn't take that many layers to be stronger than a polymer gun either, maybe one. I just think it could be done and would be lightweight. It would look really good too.

Bushmaster has the carbon 15 line, though I'm not sure if they sell the lowers.

Just an FYI:

ALL of the New Frontier Armory lowers that we are shipping out from 3/1/2012 and later will have redesigned, upgraded takedown pins. The new redesign will keep them from pulling out as easy as with the Plum Crazy lowers and initial run of the New Frontier lowers and will be more rigid. They will also have a redesigned Fire Control Group that won't allow the safety to be engaged with the hammer forward.

This will be on Serial #'s NLV2000+