Yup,Kimber's Aren't Worth A Hoot

krunchnik

Ha,just kidding.I got to fire my new Pro Carry HDII,and I might add out of 70 mixed kinds of ammo including my weak in the knees reloads,mixed with Remington Golden Saber the pistol did real well.So don't listen to all of the internet rattle about all Kimber's are just junk.out of the 2 I do own,not a junk one between them.

IMG_1500.jpg

And darned fun to shoot I might add :woohoo:

• Like 2

What you're not telling us is you shot that at 3 yards and you had a dozen FTF/FTE during those 70 rounds. Everyone knows Kimbers are junk. Besides, that gun's not safe. You left the hammer pulled back.

:)

Just kidding. That's a good looking gun.

Actually it was 1 yard because I am a horrible shot,and only had 80 malfunctions out of 70 :rofl:

I've owned three Kimbers and I think most of the complaints about Kimber's are misplaced and/or are true of many 1911 designs from many other manufacturers.

That said, I do think you pay a premium for them that is not always justified by the quality/performance of the gun itself but hey, if you like them and they perform well for you...it's all good.

how far was it really, out of curiosity? The ones I have tried were all accurate at 25 with a nice trigger out of the box. They are pretty as well. I thought about the brand pretty hard when I was looking.

Defensive distance,I always try them at 21 feet,if good then move farther.I think any distance further is time to turn and run the other way. :eek:

Guest motonut

What you're not telling us is you shot that at 3 yards and you had a dozen FTF/FTE during those 70 rounds. Everyone knows Kimbers are junk. Besides, that gun's not safe. You left the hammer pulled back.

:)

Just kidding. That's a good looking gun.

LOL !

Nice looking pistol and target. Kimber falls in the love it or hate it group, they do agressive marketing and are priced above most of the other market. At these prices people expect the product to work 100% and not have QC problems. In reality QC problems are always going to be present but should be kept at a minimum. Kel Tec and Hi Point Arms keep adding new customers because of the entry level pricing and warrenty. Kimber is robust enough to continue to grow, I see potential.

Defensive distance,I always try them at 21 feet,if good then move farther.I think any distance further is time to turn and run the other way. :eek:

Congrats on the new Kimber. I'm getting older and don't run fast, so I practice at a further distance. :D

I have only owned one Kimber and it is the Solo Carry 9mm. I got it used but have put 100 rounds through it without any FTF/FTE's and most of that was with the 115gr target ammo which they say not to use. They recommend at least 124gr premium loads. Its ultra small and very accurate for the size. Geat little self defense gun. As for 1911's, I've got a Springfield GI full size and it runs like a sewing machine.

try it at 3 times that distance for fun one day :) The last kimber I tried was dead on at 25 yards.

cool pistol, man i do get tired of all the kimber bashing on the net. mine has worked flawlessly from day one, and other people i know that has them no problems iether. maybe some of the bashing is from folks that are not used to the 1911 platforme.anyway nice looking pistol, enjoy

Guest nicemac
The only thing I wish was I didn't have to use that take down tool.

A paper clip works nicely. I bent two or three and put them in my bag, in the shop, etc…

A paper clip works nicely. I bent two or three and put them in my bag, in the shop, etc…

Paper clip? Humm...I wouldn't think it strong enough??? :)

However, there are other things one can use (unfortunately, duck tape won't do it this time) besides the included take down tool...but I agree with rcman2010; with my Pro CDPII the only thing I didn't like was cleaning it and having to use the tool to field strip it.

The only issue I've had with my Kimber is that the ejector broke off at the end. The gun was only about one year old with moderate use when this happened. But I certainly won't bash over this, I love the gun, and I'm sure they will replace the part as soon as I get around to calling them -- just been too busy with school / work to worry about getting it fixed.

Guest nicemac

Yes, a paper clip. I haven't used the official tool since shortly after I got the gun. I always use one of the paper clips I have tossed in my gear bag.