Hardcore Pawn on TRU TV

Volzfan

I'm not a fan of the recent type of shows that have to have everyone shouting and arguing with one another. IMO, Les needs to get another business for the daughter to run on her own and turn the current store over to his son. Retire, relax, and live a little longer.

• Like 1

I tried watching that show, but it was a blatant rip-off of Pawn Stars, and a bad one at that.

I understand all of these shows are scripted to a certain extent, but Hardcore Pawn goes way overboard. They don't even try to hide how scripted it really is.

I heard there was yet another show about a pawn shop in Lousiana, but i haven't had a chance to check it out.

I tried watching that show, but it was a blatant rip-off of Pawn Stars, and a bad one at that.

I understand all of these shows are scripted to a certain extent, but Hardcore Pawn goes way overboard. They don't even try to hide how scripted it really is.

I heard there was yet another show about a pawn shop in Lousiana, but i haven't had a chance to check it out.

I believe its called "cajun pawn stars" Its OK just more of the same. It seems to be alittle more laid back. The acting , if you want to call it that is bad but it still entertainig

Sons of Guns is the worst of them all IMHO, and he treats his employees like crap

I read something about the owner of Red Jacket (Sons of Guns) losing his FFL for something shady. I could be wrong, but I thought it said something about one of his employees obtaining an FFL so they could keep the business operating .

Guest bkelm18

I read something about the owner of Red Jacket (Sons of Guns) losing his FFL for something shady. I could be wrong, but I thought it said something about one of his employees obtaining an FFL so they could keep the business operating .

I think that was just internet rumor.

Guest Broomhead

I think that was just internet rumor.

No, his head smiths have the FFLs and handle the firearm buying and selling, he and his daughter own the company still, but they are dependent on the ones with the FFLs.

I quite watching Hardcore Pawn when the owner kept offer a hundred bucks for everything, even when it was obviously worth much, much more. I know they have to make a living and a profit, but why do they need to rip off folks that are already hurting so bad as it is? Then they act like they're helping the people of Detroit. BULL SHIITAKE Mushrooms!!

Guest bkelm18

No, his head smiths have the FFLs and handle the firearm buying and selling, he and his daughter own the company still, but they are dependent on the ones with the FFLs.

Wouldn't know. Stopped wtaching that trash a long time ago.

Guest Broomhead

I don't like it at all.

I do like Pawn Stars and American Pickers.

Love Pawn Stars, Pickers is my favorite show. You should come to Nashville and see their new store. Its in the old Marathon Motorworks building, a fitting locale.

Reality shows suck. They are just a way for lazy, uncreative types to come up with television shows featuring things that aren't very interesting but that require little money or effort to make. Where I live now cable isn't available (yeah, it is that far in the country) but when I could watch cable I used to enjoy the 'science' type shows on Discovery, the actual, history based shows on The History Channel and so on. Now all they want to show is some crap about loggers, some crap about miners and some crap about semi drivers. Hell, my dad was a logger (mostly pulpwood) at one point in his life and also drove semis long-haul for years. Some of my uncles (his brothers) have done both, as well. I don't need to watch television 'shows' about that crap. Further, who gives a tinker's damn about a friggin show about a pawn shop - much less two or three of them. And shows about bidding on unclaimed property in storage lockers? Yeah, I bet that is a thrill a minute. The worst, by far, however would have to be a show about repo men - and I think there are multiple shows about that, too. Whatever happened to shows about, oh, I don't know - actual science and history? Even the damned food network is nothing but reality show crap, lately. With nothing but that kind of stupidity on, I'm not even sure I'd still want cable even if we could get it. I am jonesing for my 'Walking Dead' and one or two shows from the SyFy channel but I can buy entire seasons of all those on DVD for less than what a couple months of cable would cost.

Edited by JAB
Guest A10thunderbolt

Heck, you can't even watch history or discovery channel anymore without getting some fiction. They will take a good show and add script and try to make it "exciting to watch" but they just end up making it unbelievable. Or they will add in some political agenda.